2.0TDI - 150 - DPF Warning -

Sounds like both you and the car did exactly the right thing. From the manual:

image.png.d192450be016d9bd66722593dcdcefd1.png

Thanks for posting. I've not seen this before and wondered what a DPF warning might look like. Had you been doing lots of short journeys previously?

• Like 1

Yeah.. First time I've seen this error too on a superb..car is 10 days off 3 years old.. 24k miles... Car only sees a motorway at weekends really...

First time its ever triggered.. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2019 at 14:18, RickTT said:

Yeah.. First time I've seen this error too on a superb..car is 10 days off 3 years old.. 24k miles... Car only sees a motorway at weekends really...

First time its ever triggered.. 

8,000 miles annual mileage? I'd have gone for a petrol.

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

This is a similar milage and use as I’ll be putting mine to. 

However the only petrol engine with the L &K currently available comes with 272 bop, 4wheel drive and a £38k + price tag..so I also opted for the 150 TDI...

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb/3v5/69669#!cc-instance=GBR&cc-salesprogram=GBR&cc-culture=en-gb&cc-model=3V5&cc-carline=69669&cc-equipment=&cc-motor=201227&cc-color=K4K4&cc-interior=LA&cc-packages=&cc-view=step2&cc-configurationId=0&cc-viewstate={"lastConfigurationHash"%3A"5_55_LA_K4K4_"%2C"accessoriesItems"%3A[]%2C"selectedAccessories"%3A[]}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

My annual mileage has always been around 12k, though over last 18 month's doing less.

As a private buyer i may of gone petrol, but co2 emissions where higher plus bik was a lot more for a petrol plus less mpg.... 

Anyway.. Done about 150 miles since and it's not returned.

• Like 1

My 2016 66 plate SEAT Alhambra (luckily not owned by me) 2.0TDI SCR DSG with 40,000 miles has the DPF light on now and will for 2 more days until i set off for a few days with lots of miles.

It used to be maybe 4 or 5 days of 3 or 4 miles trips a few times a day between longer trips and the DPF light would show.

Then i would take it for 8 miles and it would go out.

No longer does it do that.  It is trying to regen and i am not bothered, it gets handed back in November.

I would not have a Euro 6 TDI SCR out of warranty.

Buying a 4 year old one is quite a risky proposition IMO. 

• Like 3

On 17/03/2019 at 18:54, Skoffski said:

My 2016 66 plate SEAT Alhambra (luckily not owned by me) 2.0TDI SCR DSG with 40,000 miles has the DPF light on now and will for 2 more days until i set off for a few days with lots of miles.

It used to be maybe 4 or 5 days of 3 or 4 miles trips a few times a day between longer trips and the DPF light would show.

Then i would take it for 8 miles and it would go out.

No longer does it do that.  It is trying to regen and i am not bothered, it gets handed back in November.

I would not have a Euro 6 TDI SCR out of warranty.

Buying a 4 year old one is quite a risky proposition IMO. 

Agree that diesels with all the emissions kit are time bombs. DPFs even after regeneration have some ash left over so will fill up over time regardless. 

Diesel still make sense if one does massive miles and lease. I.e company car. 

Now the question going forwards is how the petrol particulate filters perform over time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

Now the question going forwards is how the petrol particulate filters perform over time. 

Agree - at one point going petrol was so you didnt have dpf issues etc... but as you say, the new petrol engines have the equivalent components fitted with a lot of unknowns.

Do you know what would be a good idea? A dpf temperature guage. So you can see how hot it gets over Various trips. We have an oil temperature which is a bit useless really on a day to day basis. But the dpf temperature guage would be very useful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

Do you know what would be a good idea? A dpf temperature guage. So you can see how hot it gets over Various trips. We have an oil temperature which is a bit useless really on a day to day basis. But the dpf temperature guage would be very useful.

yup - the amount of times i have turned the car off mid re-gen... it can be indicated from the oil temp as this tends to read 104'c ish during a regen.

Or more simply a progress bar - estimated time to completion. The differential pressure gauge should be usable to estimate the state of cleaning based on the starting pressure and rate of change during cleaning and target differential. 

Edited by digifish
  • Like 1