Towing Eye recall

SteveJP

Received a letter direct from Skoda Auto today asking me to make an appointment to have the towing eye from the boot replaced. Apparently they have discovered that some were supplied with a faulty weld. Our Citigo is a 2017 Colour edition. They advise removing it from the boot and keeping it elsewhere to avoid its use.. its also logged as a Safety Recall.

• Thanks 1

Does this Safety Recall of a part appear here yet?   Maybe others can check if only the Towing Eye in some Citigo.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

http://gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Anyone that is contacted as part of a 'Recall' can tell them to post it to the Contact Address they got from the DVLA if it is a Safety Recall. 

A voluntary recall is no use, they need to contact all 'registered keepers' not just the ones they have on the Skoda / VW / Dealers system.

If you have to go out of your way to get a new one Skoda can pay the out of pocket expenses.

(They will say that they have to ensure the possibly faulty ones are collected in...)

Edited by Skoffski

Some late 2017 Polo owners have started to get their safety recalls for that, booked as a 30 minute appointment, so it must be a big job, probably 30 minutes to cover the "always stuffed full boot" syndrome!  Support paperwork will take a long time, paperwork always does at any/all main dealer of any/all marques, strange that.

On 26/04/2019 at 10:53, Jonny118118 said:

My monte had its towing eye replaced nearly a year ago now! They’d Just replaced it.. 2 second job..... as long as ya boots empty!!

Mine was done at a service, they just told me they had done it. I think we needed to sign something to say we had a new towing eye.

• 2 weeks later...

Skoda informed me about this by email last year, just before a major trip, so I was a bit worried. But it was nothing, service point simply got a new towing eye for me.