Electric parking brake fault.

Hubby just dropped me off at work and when starting car at home the light came on the dash saying electric brake fault. He needs to get to work today so has continued on his way. When he dropped me off the car rolled because the brake isn’t working. 

I will call the garage when they open but wondered where i stand on this. Car is still under warranty but I was planning to voluntary terminate it the next few days. I assume the car will need to be fixed under warranty before I can surrender it? 

Hubby just texted acc not working either, guess they are linked

Edited by tigermad

I’m pretty sure ACC deactivates if there is a brake issue as a safety measure. It MAY (not sure on the system if I’m honest) use the electric parking brake to control speed as it’s easier to attenuate the calipers electronically than hydraulically. 

13 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I’m pretty sure ACC deactivates if there is a brake issue as a safety measure. It MAY (not sure on the system if I’m honest) use the electric parking brake to control speed as it’s easier to attenuate the calipers electronically than hydraulically. 

Thanks, Skoda assist are coming out.

Well Skoda assist came out and by the time they looked at it error light went out. The saw a fault that mentions the motor but reset, noticed the battery was a bit low so charged it up for an hour. All fine on way home last night but exactly the same happened again. Assist called out again and this time they have not reset the fault code. I have it booked in to Skoda who can't fit me in for nearly 2 weeks 😞

Well this is still happening most mornings. I can't believe there have been no previous posts with similar problem. The fault on the AA report says low voltage in one of the motors. After googling some other VAG owners have experienced similar get the motor replaced but keeps happening. Obviously something else is causing the motor to do this. Will see what Skoda have to say on Monday morning when it is booked in. When you turn the engine off and on it normal resets it and works ok. 

This is the link with very similar problem to me and happens only in the mornings too

https://www.picoauto.com/library/case-studies/parking-brake-failure-epb

Edited by tigermad