Kodiaq "emergency workshop" error

I had an alarming message appear when I started the car yesterday , first after the car started I noticed the screen was totally blank and an error message something like "emergency workshop now" , cant really remember exactly as after driving about 400 yds the system booted up as normal and the error went. It has never done it before has anyone else had a similar experience.

I am a bit concerened as I am going on a long trip today.

Some early Kodiaq’s suffered from the “emergency call restricted workshop “ fault that was quickly repaired by a known fix.

Haven't heard of any reports of it occurring lately.

If the infotainment reboots for any reason, it will trigger an “emergency call impaired, visit workshop” warning message. The message should clear once the infotainment system has completed restarting. 

You can demonstrate it by touching and holding the infotainment power button until it reboots (you’ll hear a pop through the speakers when it does it). 

• Thanks 1

I don’t know, but my guess would be that it’s complex software with a few bugs kicking around that produce some memory leaks. Eventually the unit runs out of memory, crashes and has to reboot to clear memory again. 

I find CarPlay sometimes just stops working and the only fix is to reboot Columbus. I’ve also had it spontaneously reboot once or twice. Usually just as I’m about to set off and could quite do with sat nav...