2 child seats and 2 adult passengers in a Superb?

I currently have a '14 Octavia Estate with 2 child seats in the rear, a Britax Dualfix (quite chunky) for the baby and a Brita Evolva seat for the 4.5yr old, at the moment there's no chance an adult can get themselves between the 2 child seats yet alone fit their arse in there.

I need to find space for 2 adult passengers, taking the grandparents on days out, so I'm thinking the extra cm's of the Superb may help?

Either

1. Move the Evolva seat to the rear middle and secure with 3 point seat belt, leaving a rear seat and front for passengers
  2. Get one with front isofix for the Dualfix leaving 2 rear seats for passengers

#1 above would be my preferred option, does anyone know if it would fit?

Hi Dave77,

What I can tell you, an adult can fit between the two car seats in the middle but of course it won't be very comfortable as the adult's back will be on the arm rest.

I have "Joie Stages Group 0+ and 1-2 Car Seat" for my baby and "Britax Römer adventure car seat" for the 7 years old child and yesterday my wife sat in the middle for the whole journey from London to Bristol 🙂.

Not sure if you can move one to the middle to free the window seat "logically you can".

Regards

Tarek

I don't if it helps, but I managed to install 2 Recaro Milano (2-3 Group) + 1 Recaro Young Sport (1-2-3 Group). If think it should tight in your configuration, but should neverthelss be OK.

Note : The Superb MK3, was the only valuable and affordable alternative to Touran, Scenic, 5008 Mk1 etc, that I found. I hate this class of vehicule. And I didn't want a SUV either... Anyway, even the Kodiaq was not large enough to put 3 baby seats on the 1st back seats row...

4 hours ago, knocker235 said:

Hi Dave77,

What I can tell you, an adult can fit between the two car seats in the middle but of course it won't be very comfortable as the adult's back will be on the arm rest.

I have "Joie Stages Group 0+ and 1-2 Car Seat" for my baby and "Britax Römer adventure car seat" for the 7 years old child and yesterday my wife sat in the middle for the whole journey from London to Bristol 🙂.

Not sure if you can move one to the middle to free the window seat "logically you can".

Regards

Tarek

Also the headrest can only be raised a small amount so will be uncomfortable for most people. I'm surprised manufacturers are allowed to do this as an incorrectly positioned headrest isn't safe, though I've removed mine so the seats fold flatter. Making good use of the first aid storage compartment 😂

It’s my view that isofix on rear passenger seats forces kids’ seats to use too much space as they are further from doors than they could be. My wife (174cm, 73kg) was pretty uncomfortable even for shortest of journeys between the two seats (Cybex Pallas Fix and Peg Pereggo Primo Viaggio SL) until I disconnected both from isofix and secured only with seatbelt (both seats allow for that).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dave77 said:

Thanks for the replies, i'm going to the dealer to take a look inside one.

The best way to know, is to go there with both your own baby seats and make a real test! You'll then be able to factually notice how much space is left for an adult on the back seat... ;)