1.5 TSI EVO Remap

Guest BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

Has any1 done one yet?

Cannot find anything on this which I find is crazy as it must be the most popular engine in new VAG cars

I am personally interested in the 130 varient

help please and thanks

Not sure that it is the most popular in the VW Group engines by sales across the models.

Maybe the scare stories have held people back from Remapping and voiding a warranty.

If the VW Group 'Updates & Software Enhancements' had been made more public by the VW Group and there was honesty earlier on then maybe more would be upgrading 1.5 TSI EVO's.

Guest BigJase88
49 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

Not sure that it is the most popular in the VW Group engines by sales across the models.

Maybe the scare stories have held people back from Remapping and voiding a warranty.

If the VW Group 'Updates & Software Enhancements' had been made more public by the VW Group and there was honesty earlier on then maybe more would be upgrading 1.5 TSI EVO's.

For new car sales i would imagine it is probably the most popular engine.

its in absolutely everything across the range. And as people are moving away from diesel i can’t see any other engine varient outselling it.

yes you have the 1.0 tsi and the 2.0 tsi but i can’t see any of those outselling the 1.5 tsi.

2.0tsi sales are performance sales which is never as much of the market share as hum drum engine sales. And the 1.0tsi being the base engine it’s personal opinion i believe the 1.5tsi will be biggest engine seller

you have to remember the minority of people look at a forum. Most people don’t even know what a forum is

You need to talk to more salespeople in dealerships and you might be surprised how 1.5tsi, s are not a sales hit.  1.0tsi and 1.6tdi do sell and lease in good numbers, and as Motability is a major buyer even the low advance payment deals do not have 1.5tsi evo flying out the door.   But none of that helps you on a remap.  Surely APR and REVO are the ones to ask. Or Ecotuning Glasgow. 

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88
4 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

You need to talk to more salespeople in dealerships and you might be surprised how 1.5tsi, s are not a sales hit.  1.0tsi and 1.6tdi do sell and lease in good numbers, and as Motability is a major buyer even the low advance payment deals do not have 1.5tsi evo flying out the door.   But none of that helps you on a remap.  Surely APR and REVO are the ones to ask. Or Ecotuning Glasgow. 

was just a guesstimate, I thought they would of been popular 🤷‍♂️

and top tip.... never listen to a salesperson they are professional liers

maybe why I got such a good deal then

• 2 months later...
Guest BigJase88
4 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Ah OK, I will potentially have the 150PS engine in the Karoq.

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tuning/car/skoda/karoq-from-2017-onwards/1-5-tsi-150ps110kw-1498-ccm-3/#go

even better 185bhp

tuning box isnt a bad way to go on a new car just disconnect before any dealer work to preserve warranty

Edited by BigJase88

I have a 1.5 tsi r-line and have tried for the past year to get it mapped, i finally found a place in Essex that were due to come out to me on the Monday so was well chuffed, but  they called me on the Friday and explained that because the software they have developed cannot go through the OBD they have to remove the ECU which is covered with a cage and fixed in place by security bolts which are £75 and have to be ordered from Germany that can take up to a week to arrive in the UK,  the guy did say as soon as they have developed it further so it can be done via the OBD he would contact me, bit gutted but i will just wait.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest BigJase88

Remap now available

http://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/ecu-remap-chip-tuning-performance-results.aspx?type=cars&make=SEAT&range=Leon&model=Leon - 1.5 TFSi - 129-BHP (01/2017 - Present)

On 19/11/2019 at 15:38, louie21 said:

I have a 1.5 tsi r-line and have tried for the past year to get it mapped, i finally found a place in Essex that were due to come out to me on the Monday so was well chuffed, but  they called me on the Friday and explained that because the software they have developed cannot go through the OBD they have to remove the ECU which is covered with a cage and fixed in place by security bolts which are £75 and have to be ordered from Germany that can take up to a week to arrive in the UK,  the guy did say as soon as they have developed it further so it can be done via the OBD he would contact me, bit gutted but i will just wait.  

Remap available now 175bhp

On 02/12/2019 at 00:15, stever750 said:

We just need to be patient, but boy does it need some extra zing. 

See post

A bit like the BMW 318d and 320d then, both remap to same result as engines identical except ecu profile. 

Power increase barely noticeable but 50Nm torque would be welcome. 

If that's what quantum have achieved, you'd expect Revo to be able squeeze a bit more out of it... 

Guest BigJase88
10 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Yep, my buddy runs a local tuning company  uses them. I guess I might be spending £220 soon.... 

Yeah i would say so. Might have to get mine done too 130>175bhp is a decent increase. Should make it a lot more fun as 130bhp is a bit sluggish

• 2 months later...
Guest BigJase88

I have recently taken delivery of one of these

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/seat/leon-5f-from-2012/1-5-tsi-1495ccm-130hp-96kw-200nm.html

I went with the cheapest option of the Racechip S at £119

Item is well made and the wiring harness is nice, OEM VAG connectors are used. Installation isn't too bad, one plug is a bit of a pain to get to(turbo boost pressure). The chip harness connects to 3 plugs, MAP sensor, turbo boost pressure and camshaft position sensor.

I haven't had much time to try it out but my initial findings are as such

If someone had fitted it without you knowing i think you would be hard pushed to notice or tell the difference, low down torque is no different (not that i could feel anyways) the car behaves much the same up until around 4k rpm, feels quite flat and sluggish, at 4k rpm then you do notice a difference until the redline, seems to have more go 3,4,5,6th up at the top end. Bottom end grunt you would be hard to tell the difference. Down low it’s not as noticeable but i notice that about the 1.5 tsi, you need to have to engine spinning high up the rpm to make progress, it doesn’t have much low end grunt out of the box.

i did some basic timings

20mph to 80mph starting in 2nd and upshifting to 3rd

STOCK 15.08s and 15.35s
CHIP 11.16s and 11.83s

30-90 mph rolling in 3rd gear

STOCK 14.3s and 14.25s
CHIP 13.18s and 13.01s

now this is by no mean scientific, i did try 0-60mph but the difference is negligible and most of the time difference is on take-off.

If it was anymore than £119 i would be disappointed i think. It’s a mild increase and one that will most of the time go un-noticed. It certainly doesn’t bring a wow factor to the experience of driving a 1.5 tsi, i know the 20-80mph time difference looks good but you don’t feel that wow if you get me. Strange, maybe because i am used to having fast cars, i expected some sort of surge.

guess maybe expecting too much

i do intend to stick it on a set of rollers and you can unclip the racechip and they supply a bypass so you can return to stock tune without unplugging which will be handy.

I intend to have a tinker around with the settings on the box as I stuck it on max setting (5) will turn it back to 1 like you are meant to do and turn up in stages to find the sweet spot and will report back

Interesting. I guess the conclusion is one of two things, either the race chip increases are minimal, or that the it's such a weedy powerplant that the increases are just slight. 

I've already put over 6k miles on mine since November, it's not disastrous to drive, but if you want to overtake uphill then you'll need to get Microsoft project out to plan the move in advance. I haven't investigated the remap any further yet, partly because of cost at the moment and partly because even after mapping the results are still pretty uninteresting, so I'm not even convinced of the value of doing it. 

Your experience with the box makes me question the investment even more critically. Let us know how you get on with it! 

Guest BigJase88
13 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Interesting. I guess the conclusion is one of two things, either the race chip increases are minimal, or that the it's such a weedy powerplant that the increases are just slight. 

I've already put over 6k miles on mine since November, it's not disastrous to drive, but if you want to overtake uphill then you'll need to get Microsoft project out to plan the move in advance. I haven't investigated the remap any further yet, partly because of cost at the moment and partly because even after mapping the results are still pretty uninteresting, so I'm not even convinced of the value of doing it. 

Your experience with the box makes me question the investment even more critically. Let us know how you get on with it! 

It is early days, I have only had the one outing in the car, I do not think it will make much difference to daily driving, it only really comes alive high up the rev range and to be honest when are you really driving around in the 4k - 6k rpm rev range, would be better if the gains were from 2k rpm where the torque should be or lack of it. up over 60mph in a higher gear it does fly along so much better than it did but that's not really an area that you are going to be in very often. from say 60mph to 3 figures it is A LOT faster, down the bottom end though not so much.

That was just me being me and whacking it on max setting of 5, you are meant to start out on setting 1 and increase after each test run so I shall do that tonight, might find a lower setting will be better, maybe the car is retarding something as it's a bit severe, I don't know need to do further testing.

I will agree with you as stock it is such an odd engine, has zero get up and go, zero torque, probably the way it has been engineered for emissions regulations, very underwhelming engine

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

I just took a punt as it was reasonable at £119, I expected it to turn up and connect to 1 sensor but the fact it connects to 3 was a surprise and echo's that of a more expensive setup.

• 5 months later...