Oil and Fuel Additives

Booked my car in for its 3 year annual main dealer service- pre-paid. Agreed to aircon service and brake fluid change.

However I was surprised at the offer of an oil flush additive and a fuel additive.  Declined it.

Anyone else had this?

5 hours ago, Kenny R said:

In fact the owners manual specifically states not to use additives.

Don't give a stuff, you know what I think of it. I've given up caring about it. I pop Millers in because it gives it a bit of a boost. I've tried Redex too as it's juddering when you drive away when cold, so I thought I'd give that a go and see if it stopped doing it, which it did for a while. 

Back to doing it again now. If I could I'd say take the bloody thing back and I'll find another car.

I use V power diesel, but I still throw redex in every now and then. It probably does sod all, but it makes me happy.

I take vitamin pills. I eat a healthy enough diet. Do they make a difference; who know, but I'm happy to take one a day, every day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

My grand mother in law is 94 years old, she goes nowhere, can't see the telly well enough to watch anything, has 4 careers a day, sucks blended food through a straw & wears incontinence pads. I don't wanna end my days like that so, I'll smoke, drink & eat WTF I like comforted by the fact, that I'm not gonna get to that stage.

4 careers a day? What is she? An alien or Supergran! 

10 hours ago, gregoir said:

So I assume that no one else has been asked if they wanted the additives at the service? I declined them.

It has been discussed on here before so you're not alone. A sure sign of a dishonest dealer. They're snake oils.

Be sure to let Skoda UK know that one of their franchised dealers is recommending the use of non-approved additives...

https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us

It needs stamping out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After the main dealer service, no problems, filled car up with Texaco Supreme 97RON E5 (best spec. fuel available locally) also with an £8 bottle of Wynns injector cleaner. A few miles to warm up oil and then pulled strongly up the local Slack Hill ,A632, in 6th at indicated 65mph. Feels  even more lively -but I do know about placebo effects.

And for convenience sake I was happy to pay £99 for an ac service and £49 for a brake fluid change.

Edited by gregoir
Fuel brand added