Skoda Recalls, there are just so many, and so many that never hear of them.

Ootohere

Eventually they might hear.

Not as quick as some should though, and not via Skoda / VW.

There are lots happening, or not as the case may be.

There is a Recall Thread in another section though.

https://www.car-recalls.eu/make/skoda

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Spotted this today.

Some 1.2 TSI / 1.6 MPI.  

Fabia,

Octavia,

Rapid,

Yeti 

known since May 2015  'recall code' 15H4'.   

So that will be yet another Skoda Secret Service Campaign.  on a need to know basis and 'you dont need to know!'.

'ONLY IN AUGUST 2018 WAS THE OFFICIAL RECALL ANNOUNCED'.  silently!

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 16.59.45.png

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 17.00.00.png

Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 17.24.27.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone.

I am in the process of buying a used Skoda Octavia TSI 1.2 86 HP Ambition 4, model e11*2007/46*0243*.

My understanding is that this model is at high risk of "screws on the camshaft adjuster becoming loose causing dangerous oil leak" as you mentioned in this thread (thanks for the heads up)

I checked the service history of the car, maintenance for this specific issue never done.

I called an official dealer, they checked the VIN and no recall appears in their system for this vehicle.

In your experience, if I had to pay for this issue to be fixed, how much would it be?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Hi @roottoot it's my pleasure to join the community, and please forgive me for misusing the forum. 

Vehicle: Skoda Octavia TSI 1.2 86 HP Ambition 4

Year: 2015 

Engine No: CJZ233522

Date of 1st Registration: 30/01/2015

Vin No: TMBBA7NE0F0126824

Thanks for sharing the link on recall actions. For this VIN: "No relevant recall campaigns have been launched by ŠKODA for the entered VIN".

Do you know if "recall actions" expire? Worst case scenario, would you know how much rectifying the issue would cost me?

Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

P.s: If you think is best, I can repost in a better forum location. Sorry for polluting this thread, Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry that VIN checker often has Recalls, and Recall actions that do not show.  It is pretty hopeless.   But there was no recall concerning, timing chains, water pumps, injectors, DSG, ignition leads, turbo shims, etc.   There are TPI,s for some.   Workshop Service Campaigns,. Or just Skoda Secret Service Campaigns.  More likely to find out about then on Social Media than from Skoda or Dealerships.