Skoda Warranty

JasonT247

Hello all,

about three weeks ago I bought a Skoda Superb SportLine Plus. It's a nice car, there is another topic on Briskoda about the paint... Birchwood Skoda in Eastbourne have done a really bad repair to the bonnet and invalidated the paint warranty. Anyway, they think this is OK because of the car isn't an 'approved' used car, it is 6 months old. Am I missing something here, Birchwood are a Skoda dealership, what is the difference between a 6 month old approved used Skoda and a car that is not approved? 

2 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

Have Skoda UK told you in writing that they are not an Approved Retailer.  What are they then?

Do they not sell new cars imported by Skoda UK?

Have you found out yet which Dealership had the car and when VW / Skoda stopped being the Owners if not the Keepers?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/471940-skoda-superb-paint

They are a franchise dealer but not an Approved Used car retailer. I guess they are approved to sell new cars but not used ones. I have found out that the car I bought was an demonstrator owned by them... 

It's all a bit weird. Skoda say the car has a manufacturers warranty.

Manufacturers Warranty, & Paint & Corrosion Warranty. 

Requires Inspections and Body Reports annually or Bi-Annual as Skoda UK keep telling people with a Paint / Corrosion Claim.

Repairs to Factory Standard and BIRCHWOOD SKODA have sold with Paint / Bodywork repairs not to that standard.

Skoda UK need to be talking to their franchised Dealerships Principals.   

It is very weird, and you need to be gettting a Body Inspection and report, and Skoda UK need to get a grip as their reputation is being seriously affected by chancers they Franchise.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

• Like 1

Now what does that say on Approved Used Cars?  They say nothing, but customers might be left with the impression they are Skoda Approved Used.

Is it a play on words?

An advett trading standards might want to look at. 

Skoda UK should be looking, the top man and his team should.

'As an approved Skoda Dealership'.    Just not selling Skoda Approved Used cars, just Used Ones!

Did the technicians that are 'Skoda Approved' in an Approved Dealership know how an Approved repair needs doing or not? to keep a Paint / Corrosion Warranty valid?

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 14.45.51.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

Birchwood are very local to me, and are where I bought my vRS from (new).  It had to go back due to rust on the tailgate.  The paintwork was covered by warranty, but remedial work was not carried out by Birchwood as they don't have paint facilities.  It was carried out by Eastbourne Coach Finishers and I would be absolutely astonished if ECF did a duff job - my experience is that ECF is the go to place for paintwork locally, so I'd expect it was farmed out to, or done by, someone else.  It's a guess, but I wonder if yours was not 'Approved' because the paintwork isn't up to scratch?

Like George & Andy, I am very much under the impression they are an Approved Used retailer as well.  The car I went to buy before the vRS was certainly Approved Used.  Funnily enough I didn't buy it over a paint chip in the bonnet they weren't prepared to sort.  There's been a significant number of staff changes at Birchwood over the last year.

Personally, if I were you, I'd be straight on to Trading Standards/ Consumer Direct for advice before considering your next steps as this sounds all rather unacceptable to me.

Best o'luck.

Gaz

• Like 2

^^^ If they are the Approved Repairers that do the Warranty work that would be the best place to commission to do an inspection and report.

No use to the OP since he is not near there.

I hope the report there is is with a VW Group approved warranty repairer.

By now Birchwood Skoda should be hearing that all publicity is not good for them publicity.

8 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

^^^ If they are the Approved Repairers that do the Warranty work that would be the best place to commission to do an inspection and report.

No use to the OP since he is not near there.

I hope the report there is is with a VW Group approved warranty repairer.

By now Birchwood Skoda should be hearing that all publicity is not good for them publicity.

Yes the report / quote is from RMB Auto who are a VW approved body shop. 

https://www.rmbauto.co.uk/autoparc/bodyshop/skoda/

The man who did the inspection was very thorough he measured paint depth etc. 

Someone from Birchwood phoned me earlier, he said “you can’t reject the car, get a solicitors letter and I will still say no”. 

Under the Consumer Rights Act / Section 9 goods should be of satisfactory quality and free from defects.  

On 30/09/2019 at 19:23, Roottootemoot said:

@JasonT247

I hope you have their name, job title, and asked them to confirm in writing what they are saying on the phone.

What was their actual job title, and have you put in writing your issues to the Dealer Principal?

I have their name and job title. The guy I spoke to was very high up in Birchwood.... Skoda brand leader! I am shocked by their attitude. 

I requested the car to repaired to factor standard, this was reject as was my request to reject the car. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 I'm sure I have a right to reject or at least have repair... anyway they will be receiving the paperwork for the HM Courts and Tribunals service  in the next day or so.