Door seals, water ingress

Screenshot_20191028-175359_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e2ba105c52a637101f4a68fd71367d15.jpgHi all,

Getting in my car this morning, I noticed the condensation on the inside of the windscreen wasn't just usual misting. It was soaking wet and dripping down, so much so it needed mopping up with a towel.

After reading around, many have suggested a cause could be a leak, and since we've have a very wet month I did a little inspection. 

I have a attached a few photographs fyi, and you can see moisture has got behind the seals and into the car. On all 4 doors. Even the sides of the dashboard. I haven't noticed damp footwells though. 

I'm sure this would be causing the excessive condensation but surely there's an issue if all four door seals are letting moisture through?

Many thanks

Screenshot_20191028-175250_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-175228_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-175307_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-175334_Gallery.jpg

Edited by john999boy
Corrected typo's at OP's request

1 hour ago, Jesh110 said:

*Wasn't just usual misting 

(Oops)

Wouldn't be an issue otherwise!

All sorted.

After you've posted a bit more and move in to the 'Members' section then you will have up to 60 minutes to be able to edit your own posts.

Freedom members have an unlimited time.

Edited by john999boy
Typo
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jesh110,

I'm having a very similar issue although mine drips water under the fuse box area on to the floor, my door seals aren't wet like yours( not really noticed on mine) are but the area against the door is identical and also the speaker grill is sometimes wet. This is only on the driver side door and its doing my head trying to figure out where its coming from.

I had the windscreen replaced by Autoglass and thought it was possibly a bad seal on the windscreen but after running a hose on the windscreen area only I can't get it to leak, with my doors seals dry I'm struggling now to identify the source of the leak.

Sorry I'm not offering much help with your problem but