Emergency SOS

soc3032

Error message has appeared on my Kodiaq dashboard saying Emergency Call Restricted Workshop and my connect app stopped at the same time.

i have it booked into the garage as it’s only 10months old.

anyone else had issues with this?

A3E83175-A376-4518-AEB8-7ABA2529EA63.jpeg

There was issues with the Audi connect service and some of the online MMI features since Saturday night / Sunday morning. 
looks back online now but most likely using the same servers if you are also experiencing issues. 

although this didn’t make any impact to the emergency sos feature - just made the app and connecting wirelessly to the car very painful. 

I've just tried the skoda connect website and you cannot log into the account, been like it all day.

The app crashed this morning and brings the message "something went wrong" when trying to connect.

It definitely seems like a server issue

• Thanks 1

Skoda Connect and the SOS are two separate issues.

Skoda Connect is a complete waste of time, and has been since Skoda rolled out their half-baked, under invested, under maintained and under developed system. It is down more often than it is up.

To get the dedicated 'SOS Emergency Call' error on the central display, and to be asked to take the car to a dealer means there is a separate issue with the dedicated SOS hidden-SIM.

If the central SOS system was down we'd all be getting the same warning on the dashboard.

5 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Skoda Connect is a complete waste of time, and has been since Skoda rolled out their half-baked, under invested, under maintained and under developed system. It is down more often than it is up.

Lol.

When it's running it is actually (IMHO ;)) more convenient than connecting my phone via a cable to receive traffic updates.

I can't disagree on the problems about the system being down and the 'extra bits' are just superfluous add-ons.

• Like 1

I was lucky today, I got the 'white' globe on the infotainment screen which I believe signals that the car is actually connected. 90% of the time it is red, maybe more like 95%.

Luckily I use Waze, or even Google Maps, via Android Auto / Apple CarPlay. It seems miles better than the inbuilt system at avoiding traffic congestion.

The wired connection is annoying though.

This renders Skoda Connect a waste of time for me.

Being able to sound the horn remotely via the App on my phone was novel, twice 😂

3 minutes ago, soc3032 said:

Does that mean I can’t do it on a 68 reg Kodiaq? I’ve updated the app today too

If yours supports it then you need to go to a skoda dealer with your driving licence as proof of Id and they will verify and unlock it for you

On 03/11/2019 at 19:00, soc3032 said:

I can’t get the app to allow me to lock or unlock the car.

Only official service provider can activate the feature.

They send request to server and later you are provided with PIN.

• Thanks 1

The feature can only be activated if it is supported by the car, the remote locking and unlocking feature was only introduced very recently so relatively few Kodiaq's will be able to benefit.

It has a novelty value, i.e. the first couple of times you try it after buying the car, but I can't honestly say I've ever come close to losing my car and needing to sound the horn in an attempt to find it.

My memory isn't as good as it once was, but I can remember where I've parked my car, or at least get close enough to it to unlock it using the keyfob and see the hazard lights flash and the coming / leaving home headlights illuminate.

By the time I've got my phone out of my pocket, unlocked it, scrolled through to the Skoda Connect App, waited for the App to load, waited for the App to connect to the car and talk to it I'm already in it and on my way home.

It's good that some of us find a use for it, it's just not for me.