Panoramic Roof - Crack

Hi,

I have a Fabia SE L - with a Panoramic Roof, as you maybe able to tell by the title it has a crack.

I thought i would create a topic and detail the whole experience and update as i go along.

08/11/2019 - Spoke with my insurance company (LV Insurance) who confirmed it was confirmed and would cost £95 as that is my glass excess. Directed to Autoglass who are there preferred repairer.

08/11/2019 - Spoke with Autoglass, said they would need to order the glass in and they would be in contact next couple of days.

So now we wait, i will update as i go along. 

Picture below you can see at the front of the car/ roof glass i white dot, where something has hit it, and then the crack can be felt on the surfaces for around 80% of it going towards the back of the car.

image.jpeg.ad0d134672e33f99354464e3f586833f.jpeg

13/11/2019 - Autoglass rung, to confirm they are still waiting delivery of the glass, insurance have authorised the repair, and its provisionally booked in for 21/11/2019. Pending delivery of-course. Im having to take it to the Cardiff depot (50 minutes from me, im quite rural) to me done, been told it will take 2-3 hours as its one of the more straight-forward panoramic roof replacements out there.  So far so good.

• Thanks 3

15/11/2019 - I said i keep this updated, im hoping someone finds it useful if they ever have to do the same outside of warranty or through insurance.

So i had a call from Autoglass, seem they were a little optimistic in sourcing the glass, so the current ETA is "Unknown" i was suspect of such a quick turn around but was being hopeful.

So now im currently waiting another call next week on an updated ETA, as you can assume this is not a stocked item, 

• 3 weeks later...

06/12/2019 - So...... how did it go you all ask. Always nice to have some closure on a thread i feel.

Great, turned up at 8 clock, by 10:30 i was driving away. I checked same part number on the glass they took off to the glass they replaced with, also they changed the internal blinds also comes as a kit.

All in all pretty happy, i could have had it fitted a week earlier but i was on holiday, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3