1.5 TSI Remap

stever750

• 10 months later...

Yup I was investigating this and there are companies that do tuning of the new 1.5TSI.

Stage 1 is around 180BHP

Stage 2 is arouns 200BHP (you need to use premium fuel 98 Octanes)

Stage 3 well...that is up to you

They also can turn off the annoying 2 cyl mode.

• 1 month later...

Looks like still on the VW Group development list as people are still having issues with early 1.5TSI & ones that have had software updates and even ones delivered in the past months brand new.

?

Who really wants to risk the Manufacturers Warranty while they have one.

Some early cars are out of Manufacturers Warranty when not in the UK.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.   Well not really from VW / Audi / Skoda / SEAT with 1.5TSI EVO's.

• 3 weeks later...

Get a Revo map when it is done..

I have the 140PS 1.4lt EA211 engine & got the stage 1 performance mode B re-map..so that's the 98RON fuel version..& boy it totally changes the car for the better!!

The car can drive at 1,200rpm in 4th/3dr around town & not sound as if its about to stall..is much quieter under load due to the wastegate not opening as higher boost is allowed...more power everywhere, more "drivable" & how the car should have been from the factory!!

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

In the UK 3 years next month.

And that's too long to not have a remap from a reputable company.

Unless I'm missing something?

Anyway, I'm looking for a 272 now so not bothered 😁

The issue is the issue that VW Group have not addressed, so any Tuning Company do not want to risk being involved in offering new engine management on what can be flawed engines. 

Too risky.  Just as some Tuners stopped selling remaps for 1.4 TSI Twinchargers 132-136kW.   Actually the REVO Stage 1 was dodgy as it was were the APR one was honky dory.