Approved Used

LuigiDC

Has anyone else encountered an approved used Skoda, being sold without any service history?

I was under the impression that all approved used cars, would come with a FSH.

Unfortunately and I know I should've been more on the ball, my partner purchased an approved used, 2016 fabia earlier this year. 

For the first time since purchasing the car, I looked at the service manual and it's not showing any service being completed in those 3 years. A check with Skoda also shows they haven't got any online history of a service.

I changed the oil and air after myself a month ago, but from a resale perspective, it's not great.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this before?

?

How many miles had it done?

?

Did the supplying dealership not Service before the sale when the car had no service history and then have that on the system,

and did you get the 'Multi Point Inspection report' that was carried out by a fully trained fitter?

It does not say anyplace Dealer Servicing or FSH.  *It does say that it will come with the Service History.*

If there is no service history then it can not come with one, but yet they still put a Warranty on it.

Read the terms of your Warranty.

A FMDSH (Full main dealer service history) does not mean, Serviced to Manufacturers Guidelines, as the DSG / Haldex Service might not be done, or brake fluid and other things, AC service.

But if there is a Skoda Approved Car with a 12 month Warranty then for the Warranty to be valid it is supposed to have been serviced to Manufacturers Guidelines as they do not say Schedule.  The Body Inspections should have been carried out during servicing, and obviously before becoming an Approved Used Car, 

so Paint & Corrosion warranties require repairs to the manufacturers standards.

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 09.19.30.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

7 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

?

How many miles had it done?

?

Did the supplying dealership not Service before the sale when the car had no service history and then have that on the system,

and did you get the 'Multi Point Inspection report' that was carried out by a fully trained fitter?

It does not say anyplace Dealer Servicing or FSH.  *It does say that it will come with the Service History.*

If there is no service history then it can not come with one, but yet they still put a Warranty on it.

Read the terms of your Warranty.

A FMDSH (Full main dealer service history) does not mean, Serviced to Manufacturers Guidelines, as the DSG / Haldex Service might not be done, or brake fluid and other things, AC service.

But if there is a Skoda Approved Car with a 12 month Warranty then for the Warranty to be valid it is supposed to have been serviced to Manufacturers Guidelines as they do not say Schedule.  The Body Inspections should have been carried out during servicing, and obviously before becoming an Approved Used Car, 

so Paint & Corrosion warranties require repairs to the manufacturers standards.

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 09.19.30.png

Hi,

Thanks, that's my exact thoughts.

Skoda have confirmed its had the MPI.

The car had only completed around 35k miles.

My thinking is for it to have a  warranty, it would need a service history! I can imagine Skoda wouldn't entertain that.

I suspect I'll get back on to skoda

• Like 1

Thank you. 

I'm onto them tomorrow to sort this.

Still find it astonishing that an approved used car would ever come with zero service history. In my mind that's the whole reason for paying slightly more for the car in the first place.

• Like 1