Over the car modifying stage

Guest BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

Does anybody else feel they have passed the stage of being interested in 'modding' cars?

Im 31 now and I haven't messed about with a car or added anything to it for about 4 years now. Generally when I look at cars that have been modified (visually) I usually just think to myself 'naff' and I actually think cars look best as stock, and if you want a flash car go and buy a flash car rather than putting a lot of bling on a non flash car.

Even things like painting a grill surround chrome to black, in the actual real world NOBODY is going to notice the difference or care (just an example)

Has anybody else reached that stage yet? 🤔

1 hour ago, BigJase88 said:

Does anybody else feel they have passed the stage of being interested in 'modding' cars?

Im 31 now and I haven't messed about with a car or added anything to it for about 4 years now. Generally when I look at cars that have been modified (visually) I usually just think to myself 'naff' and I actually think cars look best as stock, and if you want a flash car go and buy a flash car rather than putting a lot of bling on a non flash car.

Even things like painting a grill surround chrome to black, in the actual real world NOBODY is going to notice the difference or care (just an example)

Has anybody else reached that stage yet? 🤔

No, but then I'm only 57, not 87 and in denial... 😉

Guest BigJase88
19 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Don't let it worry you, you'll have a midlife crisis in a few years and get back into it.

Awww cool

Maybe end up getting a convertible and drive it around in winter with the hood down, bald head and scarf on 😎

Guest BigJase88

I think its maybe because the car I have at the minute is completely uninspiring and is a family car 🤷‍♂️

In the future I think I would like to replace it with an audi a3 sline, but then if I buy the sline there would be  no need to mod that either 🤨

1 minute ago, BigJase88 said:

I think its maybe because the car I have at the minute is completely uninspiring and is a family car 🤷‍♂️

In the future I think I would like to replace it with an audi a3 sline, but then if I buy the sline there would be  no need to mod that either 🤨

Get a proper family car next time Superb 272 hatch or estate easy sell to the wife and the kids will love all the space in the back. They will feel like celebrities in a limo and cheeky remap will make it as fast to 60mph as an Aston Martin DBX which start at £158,000. Mine will cost me £24,290 with stage 1 map included.

Guest BigJase88
1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Get a proper family car next time Superb 272 hatch or estate easy sell to the wife and the kids will love all the space in the back. They will feel like celebrities in a limo and cheeky remap will make it as fast to 60mph as an Aston Martin DBX which start at £158,000. Mine will cost me £24,290 with stage 1 map included.

The other half cannot drive at the moment and a manual is beyond her (that's what the leon is) plus my clutch knee is knackered so will have to be DSG, 5 doors but small enough for the other half to drive as a learner driver and cheap to insure, so I was thinking dsg golf / a3 5 door.

If I had my way it would  be an FK2 or FK8 civic type r (maybe get one when im 40) and look like a pillock in a young mans hot hatch 

2 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

The other half cannot drive at the moment and a manual is beyond her (that's what the leon is) plus my clutch knee is knackered so will have to be DSG, 5 doors but small enough for the other half to drive as a learner driver and cheap to insure, so I was thinking dsg golf / a3 5 door.

If I had my way it would  be an FK2 or FK8 civic type r (maybe get one when im 40) and look like a pillock in a young mans hot hatch 

Don't forget to buy a Bandana for your bald head when you buy the Type R gotta go all in for the Pillock look IMHO.

Guest BigJase88
2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Don't forget to buy a Bandana for your bald head when you buy the Type R gotta go all in for the Pillock look IMHO.

I still have hair at the moment, at 40 though not so sure so good idea

I guess I’ve given up “tweaking” cars, but I did persuade my good lady into a Polo GTI, from an Octavia, which is proving to be a bundle of fun.

But I get most of my kicks on 2 wheels throughout the summer months.

ps - I also have a handful of grandchildren and a bus pass 😀

Edited by BoxerBoy

I'm 33, I like to subtly modify. So my XJ hasn't had anything other than a dashcam. My latest purchase a Ford S-Max 2.5T is going to get quite a bit of work done to make it a bit quicker and more unique. I'm not into all the Halfords specials though.