Pothole reporting sites

26DIPP

You may have to find out who maintains the road . I live just over the Warks/Leics  border and local roads are County responsibility ,but the pothole ridden A5 is Highways England. I've found that for County, either a phone call or a dashcam photo gets results. Highways England, I've no idea of their time scale  as I did report and get an acknowledgement of damage to the redgate island surface months ago , but I haven't noticed and repair .

I've found a post to my County Highways gets a reply since an e mail to my local County councillor asking if the folks who look at potholes needed regular eye exams. As for Highways England, after a report on the state of the A5 from Redgate to Atherstone, I'm waiting to see a Highways England van ( if they have one), following a surveyor walking his Labrador, and using a white stick to find the edge of the road.

Love the caption.

please tell me the video was a wind up or was recorded on April fools day!

• Haha 1

Reminds me, there is a an absolute belter of a hole just north of the Halbeath junction on the North bound M90.

Been there for weeks as well. It's a double dip rather than a crater which is probably why they're ignoring it.

Halbeath - Aspman- rings a bell- not far from Rosyth as I remember.

On 02/03/2020 at 15:30, VWD said:

Halbeath - Aspman- rings a bell- not far from Rosyth as I remember.

10mi north give or take.

I've reported it to Bear Scotland after dropping into it twice now. Last time it was a double dunter. Swearved to avoid the lefthand hole and ended upin the right hand one.

Bear do the trunk roads in scotland so you have to report faults to them (although their google map tie in seems to suggest they haven't paid their subs). Local authorities handle the rest.

Highways England are just as bad. The much vaunted A5 Redgate scheme has problems as has the next mile of road. Pothole alley.