Factory closing.

Well I won't be getting my new car for a while. My dealer has just called me to say the factory is closed as from tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things not a massive deal just a bit frustrating.

Press release about the closure, which came into action on the 18th:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/skoda-auto-has-closed-czech-plants-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic-for-initial-period-of-around-two-weeks/

Mine was due to go into production next week too!!  Never mind, not really a surprise with everything going on though and the sensible thing to do. 

I'm in the same boat as you, I had a tentative date of June 1st.. not sure how much delay this is going to have

It's frustrating as it's the first new car I've bought, but it is what it is

Edited by Guest

It may not be the model you want or have the options but can you buy showroom models? In my motoring life I have always bought from stock. I was in the local dealer last week and saw the Scala in that bright green. Rather fetching but I would buy that if nothing else was available.

13 minutes ago, edbostan said:

It may not be the model you want or have the options but can you buy showroom models? In my motoring life I have always bought from stock. I was in the local dealer last week and saw the Scala in that bright green. Rather fetching but I would buy that if nothing else was available.

Not possible in New Zealand unfortunately, they carry really limited stock here

Problem I will have is my current 4 year company car lease ends on 20th May and VW will want my Pasatt back.

Called VWFS a while back and they said they could extend the lease for 1 month max. Think I might need more than an extra month now.

Hope they will be more flexible now as I'm happy to keep the Pasatt for as long as neccesary.

BCA called today to book my collection appointment . .. . . it isn't due back until 21/4 but apparently the slots are filling up rapidly.  Advised them that I was in dialogue with VWFS and pending resolution of that discussion I may be keeping it longer. 

If I am too late for a slot it can stand on the road outside on their insurance until they get around to collecting it.

In the present market they are likely to be quite happy to extend the lease.

17 hours ago, stephenlumley said:

Problem I will have is my current 4 year company car lease ends on 20th May and VW will want my Passat back.

Called VWFS a while back and they said they could extend the lease for 1 month max. Think I might need more than an extra month now.

Hope they will be more flexible now as I'm happy to keep the Passat for as long as necessary.

They will definitely extend it longer.

Maybe ad hoc for the first three months and will probably want a VAG order number after that just to verify what you're asking.

Edited by john999boy
Typo

Got an email from my dealer this morning, apparently I have a build slot in week 15 with delivery June 10

Not holding my breath but here’s hoping

My Superb will go back at end of June, but they will extend for 1 year but that means I'm stuck paying BIK tax for another 12months!

Looks like a new car will be out of the window- dealers are all shut. Might have to be second hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be without a car for at least a month then, VWFS want £300 a month for me to use the car, that is for four trips to the supermarket (all of 40 miles a month).  Will be parking it up and we will use the wife's.

They are reported to be allowing some drivers to use the car foc until they collect it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the factory opened today

I only have an estimate of July 30 now, hopefully get a firm date once things ramp up

• 1 month later...

Well my dealer is open again but doesn't have any updates yet on when I might get my iV.

It was ordered on the 28th Feb and then you know what happened.

I was orginally told there was a 13 week delivery time which is about now.

Wondered if anybody else has been given any clue on delivery of similar orders.

I’m in the same boat. I had a build date but it was during the factory closure.

Now all I have is an estimate of August.. be surprised if I even get it this year.. close to cancelling the order really

Spoke to my dealer on Tuesday, my car has now been built and had left the factory according to the system. Normally takes around 3 weeks from factory to delivery so hopefully looking at collection towards end of June, maybe early July as there maybe some delays at the Emden port with the remaining backlog of cars that were sat there for a couple of months and the new cars that are now arriving. 

My order went on around 3rd Feb, original build date was then scheduled around the 25th March. According to the dealer, the factory is currently running at ~30% capacity with the new measures that are in place.

I expect mine in early july but doesn't really worry me if it is a bit later, we can manage with one car for now and it is likely I will only be going in to work when they do re-open the office so we don't really need it until we go on holiday, God only knows when that will be!

10 minutes ago, IJWS15 said:

I expect mine in early july but doesn't really worry me if it is a bit later, we can manage with one car for now and it is likely I will only be going in to work when they do re-open the office so we don't really need it until we go on holiday, God only knows when that will be!

You can manage with one car now, but need to have 2 cars to go on holiday ?

• 3 weeks later...

@stephenlumley any update?

I still have a generic eta of August with no build week allotted yet

On the plus side the dealer is giving me a loan car for the duration starting from when my car would have arrived, pre covid ****ing everything up, till it eventually arrives..

Edited by Guest

Nothing happening here. Its 16 weeks since mine was ordered and I still don't have a build week or delivery estimate. Dealer has promised to let me know when the 'system' updates.

Most annoying for me is that I am still paying BIK on my Pasatt at 30 something % and not 10% when I get my iV. I have extended the lease on the VW till mid August but not confident I will even have it by then.

Mine is now at the dealers after arriving in the country a week ago,  just confirming the numbers on lease agreement so hopefully will be able to pick up in the next week or so.

My colleague also has an iV Superb on order, his order went on around end of Feb and he doesn't have a build date yet either.  I think we are looking around Aug/Sept for his to be delivered