Car Dealerships and Garages and Coronavirus closures, rumours or facts, UK.

Ootohere

My local Vauxhall Showroom is closing for a while. 3 weeks i understand it might be for now. 

I understand that Arnold Clark Dealerships could be closing for a while, but i have not got that as a fact.

I understand from more than one source that there might be an extension given on the MOT of vehicles so that they can stay on the road and not require to be MOT'd if they are due in the next few weeks.

Again only heard that so some official news / announcement needed on that.

Interesting times for the buying and selling and collection of vehicles. 

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

I understand from more than one source that there might be an extension given on the MOT of vehicles so that they can stay on the road and not require to be MOT'd if they are due in the next few weeks.

I've been wondering about that, especially for the 1.5million being asked to stay at home for 12 weeks.

• Like 1

Skoda Preston & Colne (Simpsons) staying open, extra precautions, offering collect/deliver to house arrestees, priority to NHS, Skoda factories temporarily closed

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/news/simpsons-skodas-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19/

Edited by StickyMicky

I got an email from BMW today.

They are closing until at least 14th April depending on how the government advice is updated before then.

They are open for MOT and for blue light servicing. MOT provision has not been waved by the government.

Some of the stuff I've read has said that garages are staying open for servicing in general as a safety measure.

Lookers (ex GBE) in Wirral are closing all departments from yesterday, handovers might happen wed/thursday - however this was before last nights statement which would allow servicing and parts.

• 2 weeks later...

People are putting 'FOR SALE' signs on cars.

Nice prestige type cars, family 2nd cars etc.

Maybe not everyplace, but if you are out getting exercise you might spot some possible bargains of pretty new vehicles.

Where i have seen them are at seaside towns with nice properties near the sea fronts.

15 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

People are putting 'FOR SALE' signs on cars.

Nice prestige type cars, family 2nd cars etc.

Maybe not everyplace, but if you are out getting exercise you might spot some possible bargains of pretty new vehicles.

Where i have seen them are at seaside towns with nice properties near the sea fronts.

Spotted anything tasty? :)

• Like 1

Lots of tasty BMW's, Range Rovers, Mercedes, Minis, Polo's that people might have thought was worth buying outright or on finance and clearly they now know that cash will be king.

The whole viewing, test driving, checking clear of finance, paying for will be a bit of an adventure.

Get a bargain, catch Coronavirus and maybe die.

• Like 1