VRS 245 VAQ Diff Servicing

With the first 245s coming up to three years old (and the pre FL 230's past that age) have owners been getting their VAQ diffs serviced?   

I got mine done at 2 years, the service desk didn't even know what it was, nevermind what the schedule was. I've read around online that it should be 3yrs or 30k. It was cheap enough though, so I got it done when getting everything else done on the second service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenai said:

I got mine done at 2 years, the service desk didn't even know what it was, nevermind what the schedule was. I've read around online that it should be 3yrs or 30k. It was cheap enough though, so I got it done when getting everything else done on the second service.

Hmmm just got to 30k miles but already had my 3rd service, might have to take a look at this. However, I exercise my diff frequently 😉 & it does seem still to be working

I bought my 230 at 3 years old from a main dealer. Made them do the diff service as part of the sale. Quite frustrating as I definitely knew more about it than the dealership - it took a bit too much effort to explain what it was and why I was asking :/

Edited by theandywaite

Yep booked mine in for end of August as my Skoda Service Centre are saying only age & not mileage however, they did surprise me.

Apparently, the 7 speed wet DSG service mileage is 80k miles & not 40k miles like the 6 speed wet box

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yep booked mine in for end of August as my Skoda Service Centre are saying only age & not mileage however, they did surprise me.

Apparently, the 7 speed wet DSG service mileage is 80k miles & not 40k miles like the 6 speed wet box

I knew that when I bought the 7 speed DQ381 Superb 272. That and 2 free services to keep running costs to a minimum.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I wonder why the service is 80k and not 40k? Surely the oil will be passed its best way before 80k.

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I did mine at 40k (well shortly before when it was in anyway), still far too many people parroting "if the DSG wasn't done at 40k, don't buy the car", figured it would be an easier sell later down the line.