DQ381 service intervals

Wasn't a popular 'opinion' when I first mentioned it, though I think people are starting to accept that VW/Skoda do actually schedule these boxes at 80k. 

• Like 1

DQ381  in title of this thread.

The other thread as mentioned has DQ380 in it.

Maybe someone coming across the thread from a search is interested in the DQ380 and another the DQ381.

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 6.07.38 PM.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have this gearbox in mine, now at 42k. Would be interested to learn if anyone has left theirs till 80k and what was the condition of the oil.

I’m still debating about getting it done now as lots are very speculative about leaving it till 80k.

Edited by ffvrs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yep, I went ahead and got a local independent to change the DSG oil/filter at 42k miles. The guy said the oil didn't look too bad. I can't really say i noticed any difference driving it. For me it was just for peace of mind. I treat every car like i'll keep it forever even if I don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1