KPH/MPH

40 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Kate Laws has been long enough at Skoda to know not to mess about too long before reaching a resolution and get that communicated to the Dealerships and car owners.

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/kate-laws-88b559144

In fairness, I do think we have been all sent to someone pretty senior. It's not being treated as a 'normal' complaint is my impression. I am hopeful. Hope I am right to be hopeful!

• Like 1

You have someone pretty senior dealing with it, just has happened with the last 4 heads of Skoda UK since 2010 had happen.

The issue is that the seniority means nothing really.   They come from a background in Accountancy or Management someplace to VW and treat customers like the golden goose.

Also new to this forum and thread and like many on here stuck in kms on my Navigation system.

Also be nice to get the kms and the postcode 'offroad' issue sorted.

7 minutes ago, ShootistUK said:

Also new to this forum and thread and like many on here stuck in kms on my Navigation system.

Also be nice to get the kms and the postcode 'offroad' issue sorted.

May I please ask you to contact Honest John at the Telegraph as mentioned in numerous previous entries above, the more we report then then greater the influence on Skoda to prioritise a fix for us.

13 minutes ago, Nosnehm said:

May I please ask you to contact Honest John at the Telegraph as mentioned in numerous previous entries above, the more we report then then greater the influence on Skoda to prioritise a fix for us.

I assume I have to sign up for a months trial to be able to do that?

To add to the list being kept

Device part number: 5E3035816

Hardware H56

Software 1668

Display unit hardware H44

Display unit software 2088

Navigation database 19.7

Media Codec 3.1.4

22 minutes ago, ShootistUK said:

I assume I have to sign up for a months trial to be able to do that?

No need for that. Just email HJ ([email protected]); you’ll get a reply asking for a few more details and your permission to share the information with SKoda (latter rightly  needed ‘cos of GDPR privacy laws)

39 minutes ago, sneal said:

No need for that. Just email HJ (honestadvice@telegraph.co.uk); you’ll get a reply asking for a few more details and your permission to share the information with SKoda (latter rightly  needed ‘cos of GDPR privacy laws)

I would also recommend emailing/writing to anyone high up in Skoda. Email a complaint in on the Skoda website as well. Basically, register your dissatisfaction in as many places as possible.

Just had this back from HJ:

Many thanks.

Skoda is working on this (along with VW and Audi who have similar problems).

Rather than have me forward complaints via Skoda's head of PR, he has asked me to refer readers to the executive office directly at [email protected] so they can keep a proper handle on it.

(However, we had this problem in some new BMWs driven long distances recently. In those, to switch from kmh to mph and back, you had to go into the driver settings, find <<Distance>> and change that from metric to imperial or vice versa. German counter-intuitive logic.)

Rgds, best wishes and stay safe,

HJ

2 minutes ago, Skody123 said:

Just had this back from HJ:

Many thanks.

Skoda is working on this (along with VW and Audi who have similar problems).

Rather than have me forward complaints via Skoda's head of PR, he has asked me to refer readers to the executive office directly at executive.office@skoda.co.uk so they can keep a proper handle on it.

(However, we had this problem in some new BMWs driven long distances recently. In those, to switch from kmh to mph and back, you had to go into the driver settings, find <<Distance>> and change that from metric to imperial or vice versa. German counter-intuitive logic.)

Rgds, best wishes and stay safe,

HJ

In other words, sacking us off! Not interested in hearing about it.

4 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

You have someone pretty senior dealing with it, just has happened with the last 4 heads of Skoda UK since 2010 had happen.

The issue is that the seniority means nothing really.   They come from a background in Accountancy or Management someplace to VW and treat customers like the golden goose.

She does have an NVQ though and Dishonest John speaks very highly of her! :D :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Soooo,

I got a call from Skoda today saying that someone senior will be calling me (Kate Laws?) this week regarding the issues I've reported. I'm interested in hearing what they have to say. I mentioned that there is a group of us with this issue, but got the response 'we only deal with cases on an individual basis'. Has anyone had the conversation with her yet? I'm curious as to the resolution. If it's a 'software update' promise then I'm done with Skoda..... next step will be to reject the car.

Mine's booked in tomorrow to have the issues I reported looked at - I don't expect them to be able to do much  - It's more of an exercise to get them to register the faults, if you get what I mean.

Cheers

/Phil

I went to the Skoda update portal, entered my VIN number and was offered an update with a size of 6 Gb. Needless to say downloading the file has been a nightmare in its own right and required me to install an older 2011 Microsoft download Manager to actually be able get the whole file to download. Once downloaded and decompressed onto a SD Card I find that I can find no SD Card slot in my vehicle and if I put it into a USB Type C adapter and attempt the software install it never finds the update. Frankly although I like my car I am beginning to think it is too techie for its own good and it is an absolute nightmare to do even simple tasks. The fact that the Columbus menu has miles and miles per hour selectable boxes means nothing as the moment you accept them and go back up a level you find it still in km and kmh. Frankly I am beginning to feel like a beta tester of a car with driver assist functions that I do not trust, navigation software that is not fit for purpose and customer support that seem to want to deal with every case on an individual basis for fear that we might talk to each other and discover the lemons we have been sold.

1 minute ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

They know about this forum and claim to have read it as I have had anlong conversation with someone who mentioned it.

At the request of the dealer i logged all my issues with Skoda UK.   The response from the customer services team was the issues on the infotainment system and the mph/kmh was the first time they had heard about them. Surprise, Surprise! 

i emailed HJ a while ago, and still not heard back despite a follow up email.  I’ll send an email to the executive office as suggested.  

My dealer had mentioned that some early first edition had problems but had been fixed with software issues.  So these issues have been known since day 1. 

Monday and Tuesday I did 500 miles on a work trip on motorway and country roads.  Not a glitch in sight!  Everything worked.  Only the misfire and general feeling of an unresponsive engine.   Saying that, I got 61 mpg which impressed me anyway.  

When you fill up and do the calculation you can add the wildly optimistic mpg figures to your list of complaints.

14 hours ago, ShootistUK said:

I went to the Skoda update portal, entered my VIN number and was offered an update with a size of 6 Gb. Needless to say downloading the file has been a nightmare in its own right and required me to install an older 2011 Microsoft download Manager to actually be able get the whole file to download. Once downloaded and decompressed onto a SD Card I find that I can find no SD Card slot in my vehicle and if I put it into a USB Type C adapter and attempt the software install it never finds the update.

This outburst is not addressed at you but at the car manufacturers and the modern customers who covet their offerings.

Its a bloody car for dogs sake, a means of transport and not a teenagers game console!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, J.R. said:

This outburst is not addressed at you but at the car manufacturers and the modern customers who covet their offerings.

Its a bloody car for dogs sake, a means of transport and not a teenagers game console!

Lol,

When I get in my car I go through a routine; Sync on, Lane Assist off, custom drive mode, Sport suspension ON, Sport steering ON etc..   I'm driving a car for Pete's sake!... Not pre-flighting a 747....

I should probably make up some Skoda branded laminated checklists and get the missus to read them out to me each time we go out.

Phil

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

When you fill up and do the calculation you can add the wildly optimistic mpg figures to your list of complaints.

550 miles travelled....45.4 litres of fuel to fill up.  55 mpg vs. the car claiming 56.4.  mpg.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MuddyFunster said:

Lol,

When I get in my car I go through a routine; Sync on, Lane Assist off, custom drive mode, Sport suspension ON, Sport steering ON etc..   I'm driving a car for Pete's sake!... Not pre-flighting a 747....

I should probably make up some Skoda branded laminated checklists and get the missus to read them out to me each time we go out.

Phil

I prefer your outburst!!!!

13 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Ajdude   

?  Where do you find 'Claimed figures' on fuel consumption rather than WLTP figures?

What speeds being driven with what weight in the car & at what ambient temp do the 'Claimed 56.4 mpg apply to?

This was just a comparison between what the car via the trip computer is telling me the mpg was vs what the actual mpg was based upon measured fuel burned.  It was to see the accuracy of the onboard calcs in response to a comment from someone else.  As you infer, the mpg will vary depending upon a myriad of circumstances and conditions, but that was not the intent for this exercise.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MuddyFunster said:

Lol,

Phil

The idea of having checklists is hilarious!   I now want you to make them and let us all have them! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MuddyFunster said:

Lol,

Phil

Conversely, I get in my car and drive it. A lot more fun.

Yes, I might turn off the radio if I’d left it on last time I parked.

I may set the Drive Mode - would be nice if that was saved to my user profile like the seat & door mirror position, temperature. Not tried voice control for that yet. Note to self for next time out...

The more I drive it, the more familiar I become with (and understand) the Driver Assistance Systems, and the more I like the car.

• Like 1