Recall - Sunroof

Delanor

Not a 'Recall' or even a RECALL if Registered keepers are not being contacted by Skoda or Skoda Dealers, just a Service Campaign or even as they like to call them a 'Recall Action'.

Truthfully a 'Skoda Secret Service Campaign where you might hear on line or possibly if you have 'Main Dealer Servicing'.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

• Thanks 1

It's campaign 60E3  being discussed here.......

Had mine done at Mitchell Skoda Cheshire Oaks about 6 weeks ago.  They were very efficient, no issues.......

I did get a letter from the supplying dealer telling me about it, but as they were rubbish I chose to take it to Mitchells.  I could even walk to the nearby Maccies where the government treated me to half my breakfast.......:cool:

Edited by Phil245

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, JRYETI said:

It's because it's VW in the USA.  They must use the same parts so why no recall here in the UK

As per above, recalls only done on safety. If your sunroof is leaking then take it to a main dealer and they'll fix it - seems perfectly sensible to me.

But not to Americans it ain't. If you read the article the claims are not against the fault, the claims are against the results of that fault.  If I'm reading it correctly then when you have a faulty sunroof in America, you wait until mould grows in the carpets then you approach the dealer.  Bunch of lazy barstewards.  I wouldn't compensate them either.

Edited by kodiaqsportline