Life Hacks

Lady Elanore

Disclaimer:Disclaimer: I did not invent the 'foil to plate' conversion method and have no connection with the originator, so anyone attempting to utilise the dual purpose of the receptacle does so at their own risk. 

• Love it! 2

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:
1 hour ago, Liger1956 said:

Our Chinese takeaway uses plastic containers ☹️

Likewise (most of the time except for rice).

Also likewise, it's only the chips and the crispy shredded chicken that get fired in a paper poke.

most of our takeaways use the plastic tubs too now. have a load of them in the drawer for dinner leftovers /batch cooking. i think its more eco friendly than the single use tin trays? maybe..

i saw a few yrs ago that the cardboard carry boxes they use in "asian takeout" places in the US also open out into a plate if take the little handle out. ive not been anywhere with them to try it though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Disclaimer:Disclaimer: I did not invent the 'foil to plate' conversion method and have no connection with the originator, so anyone attempting to utilise the dual purpose of the receptacle does so at their own risk. 

Can't wait to try this when I next have chicken noodle soup 😇

G

• Haha 3
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

most of our takeaways use the plastic tubs too now. have a load of them in the drawer for dinner leftovers /batch cooking. i think its more eco friendly than the single use tin trays? maybe..

i saw a few yrs ago that the cardboard carry boxes they use in "asian takeout" places in the US also open out into a plate if take the little handle out. ive not been anywhere with them to try it though.

https://youtu.be/WBmyRFs5-3Y

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 18:26, mac11irl said:

mac- regularly we find "almost" out of date packets of mince in our local supermarket. Swmbo saves these plastic tubs and makes me "brunch" time snacks of "Sheppard" pie. Few minutes in microwave , and there's a meal waiting. Might be an idea if you've got a job on the road where van has a microwave inside.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Wanting to move the WiFi router to the bedroom for coverage reasons, but put off by the overly bright blue LEDs...

...For the first time this morning it occurred to me to Google whether there was a way to dim them (thinking DIY more than anything else, like sticking black tape over them).

Turns out they can be configured really easily to be off, dimmer, or scheduled on and off at whatever time you like. 🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Turns out they can be configured really easily to be off, dimmer, or scheduled on and off at whatever time you like.

Not so much RTFM as RTFG, maybe? :)

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

UPDATE: It's been bugging me after I posted this link below, that I had seen it before. Indeed I have, Mr Toot posted the same hack a while back.....DOH!!!

Baking soda turns superglue into mega-hyper-turboglue

Hmmm, that 'chopping-up' technique of the parallel lines of powder looked suspiciously skilled. 😇 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I learnt something new the other day - to clean those horrible stains from the kitchen sink, fill with hot water and add a couple of dishwasher tablets, then leave overnight.

Ours took a couple of attempts but it did clear years worth of [embarrassingly bad] staining.

On 30/11/2022 at 11:28, Lady Elanore said:

Baking soda turns superglue into mega-hyper-turboglue

Is that how you make rock cakes then?