Anyone making a new claim for the VW Emissions / Dieselgate?

1 hour ago, newskodadriver said:

But I could be unaware until lawyers point it out to me? Like you could be unaware that you're ill until a doctor tells you. 

Tell you what...   Just make something up...   That's what the 'lawyers' will do...

Anyhow this thread is now giving the impression of trolling...

• Like 1

My car I bought after the scandal was common knowledge, it turns out to have had the emission fix, I genuinely did not know before buying because:

1. I did not bother to check

2. I would not have given a flying **** whether it had or not, it was a very cheap project car written off for stupid insurance reasons.

3. I can get the "fix" rolled back when I have the engine remapped.

So I had no hurt feelings but on reflection I realise that I am simply unaware of having any hurt feelings so I am going to consult one of these lawyers so they can tell me if I do in fact have hurt feelings and how to become compensated for them.

Come to think of it I was traumatised at having to do this job:

IMG_20200906_184425[1].jpg

IMG_20200906_184432[1].jpg

Edited by J.R.
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

I owned a Fabia SE estate 1.6CR TDi 105 from brand new which I purchased in 2010 when Skoda was doing a VAT free offer. The car was virtually faultless in 50000 miles and I wish I’d never traded it in for a nightmare of a VW Polo. 

On the MOT checker it is still going strong at 136k! At no time, have I felt that I have been ripped off and feel the need to be compensated for something. I purchased the car for its low CO2 ratings. Even if I did want to claim, I no longer have no evidence of ownership as it was traded nearly 6 years ago! 

Edited by threadbear
Threw a wobbler!

• 1 year later...
On 08/11/2020 at 15:07, J.R. said:

So I had no hurt feelings but on reflection I realise that I am simply unaware of having any hurt feelings so I am going to consult one of these lawyers so they can tell me if I do in fact have hurt feelings and how to become compensated for them.

Oh how I wished that I had taken that action instead of joking about it and pouring scorn on those who did who learned today of a right little earner.

And I recently paid £150 to have the "fix" removed, covid restrictions meant I could not go to Celtic tuning for the remap, they would have done it free for me at that time, also add on the £99 I paid for an EGR emulator that arguably may not be needed now the "fix" has been unfixed.

£2100 or what is left of it after the ambulance chasers fees is actually not much compensation for someone who may have had to pay to have their EGR, DPF, throttle valve etc replaced and putting up with a car that runs like **** and dealers whos attitude smells the same.

Good on you those who claimed and more fool me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Oh how I wished that I had taken that action instead of joking about it and pouring scorn on those who did who learned today of a right little earner.

And I recently paid £150 to have the "fix" removed, covid restrictions meant I could not go to Celtic tuning for the remap, they would have done it free for me at that time, also add on the £99 I paid for an EGR emulator that arguably may not be needed now the "fix" has been unfixed.

£2100 or what is left of it after the ambulance chasers fees is actually not much compensation for someone who may have had to pay to have their EGR, DPF, throttle valve etc replaced and putting up with a car that runs like **** and dealers whos attitude smells the same.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Incidentally (not directed at you @J.R.), no-win, no-fee lawyers aren't all bad. Some of them do good work for people who can't afford to take wealthy people/institutions to court.

Nobody should be priced-out of getting justice.

Edited by EnterName
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, EnterName said:

Incidentally (not directed at you @J.R.)

It should have been, I was scathing enough when the couple of brave souls posted that they were pursuing a claim.

More fool me!

I have just seen a TV ad for Mydieselclaim, I thought the deadline had passed?

Perhaps they have been on all the time, I have not seen any TV for several months till yesterday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

It should have been, I was scathing enough when the couple of brave souls posted that they were pursuing a claim.

I dunno, I was on about my comment about no-win, no fee lawyers. As bad a reputation as they have, they still provide a vital lifeline for people who have no access to decent representation.

Yeah they might well take a big chunk of any payout. But proving your case in court and 80% of your payout is still better than no payout and no justice.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2022 at 18:20, J.R. said:

Just for clarity.  The legal fees are paid from a separate undisclosed size pot of money VW agreed to pay as part of the settlement.

The £193M that has been reported is all going to the claimants, distributed according to an agreed formula, rather than just an equal share.

?

What if you've never owned a VW Group diesel but you once thought 'hmm, that might be handy'?

Too late to claim for emotional distress that it might have been handy and NOxious?

:wondering:

If I had been shrewd rather than mocking I would have got back 60% of what I paid for my Yeti.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/504373-ea-189-dieselgate-payout

£1,700. 

Money for nothing very much other than joining in on the gravy train.

That should be what is going as a minimum on each vehicle to the UK Treasury for money that never came in with VED or tax / duty on fuel with diesels getting good economy as they polluted more than the kidology showed they were doing.

Well I for one am glad my conscience and didn't jump on that gravy train to make a claim for 'emotional pain' etc. that I clearly didn't suffer...

22 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Well I for one am glad my conscience and didn't jump on that gravy train to make a claim for 'emotional pain' etc. that I clearly didn't suffer...

My emotional pain is that I had 4 different cars new cars during that period which could all (?) have gained me some extra mullah!

Can I not retrospectively claim?

I'm suffering emotional pain at the realisation that those whom I scorned are now holding the folding and have the last laugh!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

The media are reporting raids on Hyundai & KIA premises in Germany & Luxembourg due to suspicions of illegal defeat devices they had on vehicles.

The authorities in Germany & EU probably know quite well who had what since the software is thought to have come from Bosch & Delphi who seem to get treated with a light touch for maybe admitting what they were involved in. 

'Working with the authorities'  even if you were at the heart of things  seems to give you a Get out of jail free card.