Sunroof maintenance questions

My car was serviced today and the dealership did a good job of regreasing the sunroof runners. To avoid blockages and leaks: 

1. How do you access the drainage channel holes, as they seem to be hidden under the sunroof plastic inlay. Ie is it easy to remove and are the holes large enough to pass a thin cable or similar to check the drainage channels are clear. 

2. Is there a recommended silicon liquid or gel to keep the rubber pliable and able to seal?

27 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Thanks, the video link shows the holes where I guess them to be, I am wondering if anybody has taken of the plastic inlay that covers them, I.e. you can’t see them at all, unlike the video, which shows a Golf sunroof. 

Edited by Redboy
Spellcheck faff

25 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

You could use gummy pflege on the seals. I normally run a length of welding wire down the drain channel that I’ve wrapped in insulating tape, or use an airline blower very gently. 

Thanks, I will buy some Wurth gummi pflege then. 

• Like 2