Superskoda GLS delivery issues

GregThomas

Hi. I purchased some goods from superskoda last week. They despatched the goods the next with GLS however, the package states "The parcel is stored in the parcel center. Czech Republic". When looking at the help section on GLS it says its either a failed delivery attempt, or incomplete address. Has anyone had this issue or similar as ive heard superskoda customer service is non existent. Thanks

hi, yes anecdotally superskoda deliveries can become a bit.. protracted. also, there is the complications of covud and the umpact that is having on international shipping, and... of course the big dirty B word in terms of import duties and other paperwork type problems.. 

• Like 1

GLS are pretty crap IMHO - had issues with them before so avoid them now if I can. As for Superskoda, the customer service seems to be hit n miss. I've seen positive and negative reviews on here over the years. Add to that as mac11irl mentioned, the B word is another added benefit and some freight across the Channel/ North Sea is being prioritised and other freight less so. And yeah, the Pandemic. Is it worth trying to cancel, get a refund and then clarify with Superskoda their position and take it from there?

Just now, Lee01 said:

GLS are pretty crap IMHO - had issues with them before so avoid them now if I can. As for Superskoda, the customer service seems to be hit n miss. I've seen positive and negative reviews on here over the years. Add to that as mac11irl mentioned, the B word is another added benefit and some freight across the Channel/ North Sea is being prioritised and other freight less so. And yeah, the Pandemic. Is it worth trying to cancel, get a refund and then clarify with Superskoda their position and take it from there?

Thanks for the replies. Its been stationary for several days, so have emailed superskoda and gls. If Gls come back and say that it is just delayed but no issue then thats no problem and understandable. Hopefully they reply 🤞., if they don't reply and it doesn't move for another week ill have to go to paypal

• Like 1

I would interested to know when things turn up (how long in total) and if there's any extra duty/tax you get hit with.

I want to order some bits but conscious of potential courier/import tax costs may make goods twice the price given the stories already reported.

I see they have changed their name too?

• Like 2

I'm waiting on something to arrive from Czech via GLS at the moment. It's taking a while and I phoned GLS about it last week. The person I spoke to said that a lot of their deliveries to Ireland have been slowed down due to Brexit as they can no longer use the UK landbridge option and are using direct ferries from Northern France to here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GregThomas said:

Hi. I purchased some goods from superskoda last week. They despatched the goods the next with GLS however, the package states "The parcel is stored in the parcel center. Czech Republic". When looking at the help section on GLS it says its either a failed delivery attempt, or incomplete address. Has anyone had this issue or similar as ive heard superskoda customer service is non existent. Thanks

Unless they airfreight the goods then they have to create an Indirect Export Declaration ie a T2 movement as part of a less than container movements ie a multiple parts shipment and compiling all the customs documentation for this has gone from virtual zero to a massive trail of paperwork.

was glad I got my tail-fin exported from CZ well before BREXIT and the additional cost over the goods cost was less than £20 I recall.

They need a proper EU agent now really as buying these sorts of goods from EU countries has become much more complex and the Fast Parcel Operators, particular some of them, have incredibly demonstrated they were nowhere near ready to so EU to UK shipments and this has resulted in goods delays of day and weeks and large demands for money, extra customs fees, customs duty and import VAT. 

Might settle down in a few weeks but expect to see extra fees displayed on consignments to the UK as Superskoda cannot just use EU Acquisition and VAT rules and have to obey the customs export and import customs rules.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chimaera said:

I'm waiting on something to arrive from Czech via GLS at the moment. It's taking a while and I phoned GLS about it last week. The person I spoke to said that a lot of their deliveries to Ireland have been slowed down due to Brexit as they can no longer use the UK landbridge option and are using direct ferries from Northern France to here.

It is possible to supply thru the UK land bridge by using a process called Customs Transit but it adds more cost. 

Many EU companies are looking to supply direct to Ireland either using the newly uprated ferries from France to Ireland or airfreight but there is much less air freight due to covid so is more difficult and costly, hiring a 747F (F for Freighter) dont come cheap. 

8 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I just looked on the GLS (Czech) site at the package cost calculator tool and Ireland was listed but UK isn't. No idea what's going on.

https://gls-group.eu/CZ/cs/prilezitostna-preprava/kalkulacka

probably because they cant give a cost as it woll depend on how much the customs etc tallies on whats inside the order

• Like 1

Many EU companies won't supply the UK anymore due to the extra costs. I'm glad I ordered all the bits I wanted last autumn! 

I've also ordered from the Eire Skoda suppliers, and wonder if they're in the same position now? 

Chris

• Like 1

Order I placed mid jan took 2 weeks . I placed another one on the 29th Jan and it’s still not shipped they say gls current try not shipping to the uk due to uk customs failure and will update me once the issue is resolved. What this space 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 12:39, David55 said:

Order I placed mid jan took 2 weeks . I placed another one on the 29th Jan and it’s still not shipped they say gls current try not shipping to the uk due to uk customs failure and will update me once the issue is resolved. What this space 

On 08/02/2021 at 23:34, David55 said:

Still no movement, my order says processing. Am chasing superskoda my order is a small package which could be posted. If no joy will have to get on to pay pal. 

What David said above, is exactly the same as me, including the 29th Jan date. 

My order said processing, then went to somthing like sorting, next day went back to processing. 😕

• Like 1

Mine now say rr with a tracking number which is apparently registered post. It shows it’s left cz on the 12th and is not yet in the uk ! On both CZ post and Royal Mail Tracking. I think as the bits I ordered are small they have posted them. 

I was looking at ordering carlinkit from Aliexpress but they are only shipping from China  not their European depots  with 40 plus days delivery and potentially customs charges and I am not keen on that in case there is a problem and I need to return the item. I think I will just pay Amazon £30 more as if the carlinkit is not compatible I can easily get a refund. 

• Like 1

Mine now say rr with a tracking number which is apparently registered post. It shows it’s left cz on the 12th and is not yet in the uk ! On both CZ post and Royal Mail Tracking. I think as the bits I ordered are small they have posted them. 

I was looking at ordering carlinkit from Aliexpress but they are only shipping from China  not their European depots  with 40 plus days delivery and potentially customs charges and I am not keen on that in case there is a problem and I need to return the item. I think I will just pay Amazon £30 more as if the carlinkit is not compatible I can easily get a refund. 

Finally arrived this pm 

Finally arrived this pm 

On 21/02/2021 at 08:58, NZ100 said:

This gives me some hope.😎

Well, just got a "dispatched" today. Had to agree on a refund for a bigger part as their not shipping bigger bits. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2021 at 14:08, NZ100 said:

Well, just got a "dispatched" today. Had to agree on a refund for a bigger part as their not shipping bigger bits. 

EVENTUALLY, got my order from SuperSkoda. Now fitted. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...