All-in from Skoda - 2 year service package

robs12

Just received the e-mail - two services (one minor, one major), two MOTs, two years roadside assist (inc Europe) + two years warranty (inc Europe) for £32/m = £768.

For cars 3-6 years old with <100K miles.

Seems like a decent deal - thoughts?

If it is actually 'All In.'  And servicing done to the Manufacturers Recommendations in those 2 years.

Skoda Servicing is now 'Oil & Inspection services' annually & 'Extended Scope' each 3 years with Skoda Servicing & Maintenance fixed price at Participating dealerships for cars 3-10 years old.

Brake fluid change is at 3 years then each 2 as Recommended by Skoda. 

So does the Major service or the minor include that without you having to pay £60?

The Pollen filter is each 2 year, is that included in one of the services.

Skoda Dealerships say AC services are recommended each 2 years, is that included.

The Air Filter & Spark Plugs might fall due at one of those services, they will not be included, so if you want done you might well be paying extra.

Haldex servicing falls each 3 years, that will not be included if you happen to have haldex and due @ 3 years old, or 6 years old.

If your DSG if you have one is to be serviced @ 40,000 miles. That is an Extra expense.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 15.12.14.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

Was interested to see if this would appear, as it seems VW/Audi/Seat went public a few days ago with this but couldn't find similar for Skoda - is there a link to a website for it yet? I've not had an email.

On the face of it, an interesting package really but a few things i'd want to wrap my head around in detail first - is it transferable and/or refundable if you sell the car? Existing 'after sale' extended warranty product for example is not transferable IIRC, only refundable in part should you sell up.

What do the services actually cover? Does it apply to fixed servicing regimes only or variable as well? My assumption would be only the basic £184 oil & inspection with filters, plugs, dsg, 4x4 all being extra but the 'minor/major' reference suggests otherwise (although I thought they'd stopped using that terminology). Even if it's only basic oil & inspection though, by the time you have £184 + £184 + £39 + £39 for two services and two MOTs, that's £322 left for two years warranty and breakdown which isn't bad.

I'm guessing the pricing is actually 'from' £768 though? It costs over half that for an extended warranty alone for a year on my vRS, for all component, over 15k per year, no excess. I'd assume to get something similar from this package it'll be nearer twice the price quoted in the first post.

edit - there is a site now, i've just found it after a Google - https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

Looks like one of the services would include for Air and Pollen filter and plugs/fuel filter.

skodallin.JPG

Edited by Kenai
  • Thanks 1

And looks like the warranty is transferable - there's another link to the warranty T&Cs in the link you provided above:

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam/bluelabel/valid/www-vwfs-co-uk/documents/SKODA_Warranty–Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Brake fluid & aircon (and belts of course) not included.

Looks like it is £768 fixed, not 'from'...

Edited by robs12
  • Like 2

I have a 4 year old Superb 280 Sportline and I inherited a prepaid major service from the previous owner. The dealer told me it was not transferable but it is although it has taken nearly 6 months to achieve this.

It needed an oil service and inspection after 25k miles and this is a major service so I thought that is good but the service consists of an oil and filter change an air filter change and a wipe down with a cloth! everything else is extra. I was advised to change the plugs - extra, change the brake fluid - extra and various other things that would have incurred a huge bill. I will change the plugs myself if necessary and any other work can be done by my local mechanic for half the price!

How long do the OEM plugs last? The modern premium ones are OK up to about 40k miles.

40,000 miles or 4 years, so the 2nd major service has been the Manufacturers Recommendation for years with Skoda / VW Group for replacing the spark plugs.

It appears that that is still the case.  Skoda do not call it a Schedule so that when you get a car with a FMDSH it does not mean Recommended items might have been done,

even Service Plan serviced vehicles might not be serviced to The Manufacturers recommendations because this is not 'Scheduled Servicing'  or a requirement, just 'recommendations'.

(There was a problem Euro 5 engine, the 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kw twincharger and it could destroy one spark plug within 20,000 miles, and VW Group changed the OEM plug type & that included the gap and still it could happen yet VW Group never changed the Recommended replacement advice, or issued a TPI to inspect the plugs before before 40,000 miles.  This resulted in a few hundred or even thousands of these engines in Fabia, Polo, Ibiza & A1's in the UK and other vehicles globally, but that is the VW way!.)

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

Is any one going for this?

Newly acquired 67 plate petrol Octy VRS 230 with DSG, 13,500 miles, 1 owner. Thinking about getting an extended warranty as a bit nervous about the engine and gearbox reading about some of the VAG reliability issues. I'm well aware of the hoops and hurdles of extended warranty claims but never taken one out previously, that said this is my most expensive car to date.

Am I worrying unnecessarily or would you go for an extended warranty? 

Thanks everyone :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just one of those 3 month bumps :)

Took my car in this morning to have the eligibility check for this completed (amongst other things). All fine, however as I have an extended warranty in place until November 7th, I cannot sign-up until then.

However - I was told by the manager of the branch that running through November there is going to be 20% off all these plans - that's going t take it down to £615.

Monthlies of course will also drop to around £25.60

So maybe that will make it even more appealing to some. I was ready to bite at the full price, but even happier with these.

My Superb 280 is now 4.5 years old and I bought it from someone who had paid for a service package. It had one major service remaining.

It took six months of communication (actually non communication from Skoda) to finally transfer the service to me having been told by the sales and service boss in Chesterfield that it was not transferable. To the point, the major service was done whilst I waited and after about 45 minutes I was asked if I wanted a long list of extra items to be included. Plugs, filters, brake pads, tyres (they were all 6mm+, wipers etc..

I was amazed that the MAJOR service was basically an oil and filter change and a free car wash. My advice is to use a good local independent garage and buy a separate warranty if you really want one. All main dealers are a rip off. Don't forget that the manufacturers can no longer invalidate a warranty becaus you used an independent but you may had to stick to genuine spares.

I guess it all depends on how you rate 3rd party warranties - after hearing horror story after horror story from a number of 3rd party companies, where claims are anything but simple - it makes life a lot easier if you've got "almost as good" as the original manufacturer warranty in place.

I have an extended warranty in place and Skoda are quoting £443 just to renew that for a year (which would be year 4-5) where as this is £615 for years 4-6 (and then I can consider the services, MOT and Breakdown as additional services on top).

I mean, I've not fully shopped around - but are 3rd party warranties offering the same level of cover for £307/year on a 4 and then a 5 year old car?