DSG shudder low rpm

nz_kamiq

We have a 2020 Skoda Monte Carlo 1.5L TSI which has done around 11,000kms. The last 2 or 3000kms i have noticed a slight shudder under low rpm from which appears to be the gearbox. I have noticed in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Its a very faint shudder and then it goes smooth again.

Anyone else experienced this?

On 08/08/2021 at 21:12, nz_kamiq said:

We have a 2020 Skoda Monte Carlo 1.5L TSI which has done around 11,000kms. The last 2 or 3000kms i have noticed a slight shudder under low rpm from which appears to be the gearbox. I have noticed in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Its a very faint shudder and then it goes smooth again.

Anyone else experienced this?

This is a common fault with the early 1.5 DSG Kamiq / Scala I believe Skoda have fixed the issue now. Maybe you could take it into your dealer to see if there's a software update that can fix this.

• Like 1

Bob Flavin gave Skoda / VW notice of the issues, as did many many owners like in the Karoq section.

But VW Group / Skoda denied denied and denied again there were any issues, then they did software updates and another software update and as far as they are concerned it is a 'Driver error', not a VW coc-kup.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg.24a37f9163e0ba1cfd6b6fd298e8e592.jpg

• Love it! 1

Honestly these issues with the dsg are sinds the supposedly good fixes with the 1.2 engine from 2012 still flawed. The engine itself is fantastic but the DQ200 is a big hit or miss. Some drive +100k and some 30k. As long as they dont update the dsg box it will always exist.  I do know tho that from some guys i know that tuned those tsi's and dsg's got 120k plus and still going strong without the lags and dips.

They have updated the DQ200 Software lots, this issue is Engine Management Software & DSG Software to get the emissions that were required for the WLTP. 

There were DQ200's used in 48 applications in various VW Group Models when Skoda built the factory bigger to produce them.

2012 and the World Wide Recall excluding Europe which got a Service Campaign from 2014 '34F7' was not just 1.2 TSI's, it was also 1.4 & 1.8 TSI's and 1.6 TDI's. 

Synthetic oil changed to mineral & a Software update, and in New Zealand all the models with a DQ200 got a New Mechatronic Control Unit.

Then 2013-2015 there was another Service Campaign '34H5'.

Then there are the TPI's covering ones from 2014/15 for Software updates & uprated Clutch Packs.

Then in Australia in 2019 yet another Recall yet again covering the 2009-2016. 

So Vorsprung Durch Technik was forgotten by VW Group until now there is the e-DQ200 for the Mild Hybrids.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/439395-the-story-of-the-famous-dq200-clutch-slip/page/14

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Love it! 1

I had a similar issue with my 2015 Fabia 1.2TSI.  The dealer initially said it wasn't a fault but I persevered.  They replaced the clutch pack under warranty and the car was fine afterwards.

• Like 1