Oil sensor fault Octavia vRS 2019

As some of you know this is an ongoing issue with my car.

Would anyone be able to help me with a scan to see what the he'll is wrong with my car and if they can correct it with their VCDS knowledge, because Garlands can't seem to correct it.

Many thanks 

Warren aka The Wanderer.

I'm just outside Guildford and I keep getting Oil sensor faulty - Take to workshop appearing on my VC.

They've replaced the sensor 5 times and the cable. So it must be in the ECU, which they say they've reset to factory default. But the fault has returned again.

What's odd is there appears to be a correlation between the fault appearing and external temperature being between 21.5° and 23.5°C. If it's cooler it very rarely appears and hotter again rarely appears. 

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/B1041

Thanks for the heads up Rustynuts.

My thoughts on translating the garages BS was that anyone who can (or claims to have) replace a sensor 5 times is either incompetent or not to be believed, I chose the latter when I read they used the  old favorite "it must be the ECU" to make the customer go away, I very much doubt that they have replaced the cable, it is an integral part of the loom.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

Got a mate who has an Audi to have a go and he found something regarding oil temperature activated that shouldn't have been.

Deactivated it and so far 🤞 everything has been quiet since. 

Even had a good long run to Warwickshire and its environs at the temperature range where it normally triggers and nothing happened. 🙂🤫

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 19:28, Rustynuts said:

Then this time say you're not having it back until it's fixed. An oil warning cannot be ignored otherwise catastrophic engine failure could be a real possibility.

Myself I would not be happy with the cure that the OP has chosen, no warnings possible at all now so no longer a real possibility of catastrophic engine failure should there be an oilpump failure, it's now pretty well guaranteed.

It's akin to removing the oil pressure warning light bulb, a shame when the wisdom on the forum had probably pinpointed the exact point of the wiring failure.

Oil pressure warning is a separate system @J.R.. As I understand it, this is about the sump sensor, which is just temperature and level.

I've never experimented, but I suspect oil level warnings may still be operational even if the oil temperature is not being displayed. I guess just unplugging the sensor may be the safest test of that, compared to progressive emptying of sump to see if a level warning is triggered. I might try that (unplugging) later on my Polo to see what warnings I get.

• Like 1

It's the sensor or the linkage between whatever ECU and sensor. 

The sensor has been replaced 5 times! so the chances of having 4 new one's being faulty are extremely low, they say they have replaced the sensor wiring twice and it was still doing it, they then did a reset of the ECU to factory defaults and it still did it! 

So I asked someone who does a bit of tuning to look into it and he found something and deactivated a setting that was for non VC cars which was active and is now no longer activated and since then it has been fine.

Edited by TheWanderer