Can’t get along with the “smart” charging feature

Malakim

Hi all,

collected my Enyaq this week, and so far I’m very happy with it. However, I can’t seem to get the “smart” scheduled charging to work very well. 

I’ve set the target charge level to 80%, and a scheduled departure time at 6AM. I was expecting the car to be charged to 80% by 6, but it had actually only charged a few percent and stopped at 61% or so. It looks like it has done a few short charging sessions in the early morning hours. 

20FCC017-A479-481D-9349-A142A176446A.thumb.png.1feada828c358b99973a799230f6ddfd.png

Has anyone been able to get this to work, or am I misunderstanding how it’s supposed to work?

Was any charging timer set on the charger as well?

I've been reading on another forum about a similar problem with the Id3. From what I've read it's either one or the other, but as the Id3 charge timing is rubbish, then to use the one on the charger instead.

As its the same software underneath, it could be the same thing. 

Charging with a 7KW charger using the enyaq scheduled settings does not work correctly. Problems include trickle charging and failing to start.

What does work is the charge to % setting, Location detection also works.

Use charger settings if it has this.

As mentioned above problem also exists on ID.3 and ID.4 as it uses the same software.

Thanks - I can set a schedule on

my charger.

So it would be better to just set the max charge percentage in the car, and schedule the charger to be active between 23 and 05 or something?

• 2 months later...

Hi 

we have exactly the same problem. We’re using a Zappi charger. In order to try and use the Zappi instead of the car smart system, what settings should we set on the car. Nothing seems to work which is incredibly frustrating.