Rear Passenger Cupholder

I have a 19TDI Elegance spec Octavia 2. Should there be a cup/can holder for the rear seat passengers or not?

There is only an ashtray in mine, which (although large) is no use to me as I don't smoke and neither would any passengers I might take in the car!

I notice that the manual shows a flip-down cup holder, however.

I can't see a cup holder in the parts cat. I can see two variations though, one which looks to be storage and one which looks to be storage and ash tray.

My L&K has neither cup holder nor ash tray in the back, just a 'storage compartment'. No problem, my kids don't drink or smoke ... yet....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a '06 Elegance, and do not have a rear cupholder. I concur that the manual shows a holder in the rear compartment. My 5 year old is obsessed with the need for a cup holder - even though he has two in his car seat.

Like father like son - has to have everything, find something missing that he could have (and has literature to prove it).

I get the feeling it's not going to be an option for the UK Spec car ?

although i'm surpised that Gaff's car didn't get the rear cup holder.

I'm not too sure whats in the back of mine, I got mixed up above...I thought the guys were referring to the front ashtray, I'll check later.

Colm put us out of our misery. Get your slippers on and go check will ya.

Mine is definitely a storage compartment, I checked it on the way back from Lunch..I'm working. It was too far to walk to the carpark earlier :P

To be honest I don't think a cup holder would last too long in the back before someone would end up removing it whilst getting into the car...thats if it were there & left open ;)

Mine is definitely a storage compartment' date=' I checked it on the way back from Lunch..I'm working. It was too far to walk to the carpark earlier :P

To be honest I don't think a cup holder would last too long in the back before someone would end up removing it whilst getting into the car...thats if it were there & left open ;)[/quote']

you mean you don't wear your slippers in work? :rofl: Ta for checkin mate.

There is possible to order holder for large bottle.

But dont know if its possible to order as separate and not factory order.

I have small compartment also, would have wanted that bottleholder

for rear passengers.

• 1 month later...
How about this -

1Z0 857 961 9B9 ashtray with housing satin black cup/drinks holder £43.16 + VAT

Ordered this today. Out of stock, but told it shouldn't be too long :rofl:?! Has anyone fitted one yet or got any photos of it in situ? Or has any one got any instructions on how to do the swap?

• 2 weeks later...
How about this -

1Z0 857 961 9B9 ashtray with housing satin black cup/drinks holder £43.16 + VAT

This came in today, looks just what I wanted, however if you are ordering this you also need to order a different surround as the two compartments have different fittings, at £7+vat. Will be able to advise of the part number as soon as I get it.

Also the uper compartment is an ashtray & there is clearly the ability to "illuminate" it, so I will be investigating this further!

So is it worth it? Well anything which reduces the chances of my youngster spilling blackcurrant coloured pop on the grey upholstery is worth it!! Trust me!!! Getting that stuff out costs!!!:thumbup: