Dead 12V Battery?

ValentinDamyanov

Hello fellas,
Tuesday, 5 pm after work (the car was in the snow all day at a temperature of -1 degrees) I could not unlock it by grabbing the handle (kessy) I thought it was because of the cold and unlocked it with the remote. After I got into the car when the brake was applied, the car did not start. Instead, the battery light came out for a moment. Then everything went out.

I was able to retrieve the car after applying power through cables.
The next morning the car showed no signs of life. I even unlocked it with the key. The service today tells me that they think the battery healthy. No need for replacement. They left the car outside for 1 night and in the morning there were no problems.

Is there anything to worry about? Saturday I have to go 500+ kilometers with a baby.

They are new as well with every other Dealership & Owner to a Enyaq facing the first winter other than a few early delivered cars nearly a year ago.

So now they have heard of one and they should log that and with Skoda CZ.

Then they can never say 'Never heard of that'.  

If just the one car then no reason to say 'They all do that'.   

An EV or a Hybrid should be able to be parked in the cold for a day or 3 or even a week and be expected to be able to get into, start and drive.

If an interior light or something is left on to drain the car battery then that is another mater.

If the car has used the energy somehow then that is a different matter.

Edited by roottoot

Currently driving an ID.3, which I guess is "potato/potato" compared to the Enyaq technical wise. There is an upcoming campaign where they are changing the 12V battery (and upgrading to SW 3.0), so something similar will most likely come to the Enyaq.

Same platform, same issues. Mine was built in March this year and is due for the recall, so I assume the same goes for ID.4/Enyaq/Q4/"feel-free-to-add-more-MEB´s"

• Like 1

@GaSelle  Thanks.

To be clear, have Skoda CZ already announced or issued a TPI to inform Dealerships and Owners that there is an upcoming Service Campaign / Recall Action on Enyaq?

Is it a 'Recall' as in all Registered Keepers will be contacted to return their vehicle to a Dealership for the action or is it a Recall Action / Skoda Secret Service Campaign where unless the vehicle is at a dealership the Registered Keeper / Owner might not be contacted?

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

No, but it seems like Skoda is lacking behind VW when it comes to software releases, so that might be the case for recalls as well. For VW´s in Denmark it has been announced, that a visit to the dealer is necessary to replace the 12V battery and update to software 3.0.