Headlamp Switch Octavia ii A5 2006

Hi Guys, Bought my Octavia Estate last week - old but I love it already! The Headlight switch is manky and I'm not sure it is correct. Google shows up loads that look like the pic in the Owners Manual, but they are different to mine. 

I can't work out why there seems to be a difference unless the one fitted is incorrect?

Anyone had any experience of this?

The vin no. tells me the car is a 2006 (55 plate) Octavia ii A5 if that helps.

Cheers, Steve

Switch pic 1.jpg

switch pic 2.jpg

4 hours ago, MicMac said:

It looks to be correct, if you had automatic headlights it would have another position between Off and sidelights.

Yes, the 'Auto' position. Don't seem to be able to find one on Amazon with exactly the configuration that mine has - the ones they have do have the same socket as far as I can tell but other lighting positions for the fog lights (which my car doesn't have) even without the Auto detent.  

Hey MicMac - indeed, I was told the previous owner was a lay-dee and there are faint residual dogstrust.org signs on the bonnet and rear side panels, so I am feeling sufficiently charitable as to suggest that over-application of Sanitizer could be responsible......

I shall keep looking for the switch as it looks ugly. Odd that the switch doesn't seem able to go to the 8 o'clock placement implied. No matter. I have no front fogs and the rear one (offside) comes on with switch pulled out so not too worried.

The switch is approximately £12 delivered if you look.

The dial may not align exactly with the front fog light symbol, it only rotates to the headlight position.

The front fogs, if fitted, are selected by turning the light switch to on and then pull it outwards one click, 2nd click switches the rear lamp.

Edited by MicMac