vRS Engine Cover Recall

Just got my 1 year old car back from the garage after having the clutch replaced yet again and I was informed there is a recall notice for the engine cover (campaign 10h6).  There is a chance the engine cover can come loose and slip down the back of the engine and catch fire apparently, so they are removing them, no replacement or update as to what the fix will be as yet. 

• Like 2

If you were not informed formally before the car went in is it not a Service Campaign / Recall Action where Keepers are not getting a letter informing there is a recall.

Is your car showing up here as due a Recall Action?

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

The garage said it's 'campaign 10h6' and I have paperwork confirming that.  Whatever the name you want to call it, it's campaign 10h6 according to Skoda!  It only came out yesterday, so whether it would appear on a recall/campaign website yet, I have no idea.

Edited by jjm_vrs
  • Like 1

Skoda UK surely have someone that does IT and since they have a TPI then surely updating a VIN Checker for the public is 'Simply Clever'.

(But then their IT with Configurators is a bit iffy.)

It is good for owners that you posted.   THEY CAN CHECK AND SEE IF THE SERVICE DESK STAFF ARE READING TPI's.

Because VW Group / Skoda UK do not publish Recall Actions like in some countries. 

I understand Campaigns and Safety Related 'Recall Actions'. 

It is just not great where people not visiting a Dealership only hear via Social Media / Forums.

That is where some get a Phone Call saying 'There is a Recall',  but those not getting a phone call or visiting a dealership do not get a Letter.

Edited by roottoot

• Sponsor
8 hours ago, roottoot said:

If you were not informed formally before the car went in is it not a Service Campaign / Recall Action where Keepers are not getting a letter informing there is a recall.

Is your car showing up here as due a Recall Action?

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

It's a safety recall, owners should receive letters from their chosen dealership RE affected vehicles 

It also affects Seat/Cupra & I'd assume VW/Audi 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Like 1

I just checked my VIN and it is affected by this problem.
I have called an official Skoda garage in my city (Madrid) and they review this problem for me next Tuesday.

Thanks a lot 👍

• Like 1

When a Safety Recall in the UK the Manufacturer should contact the DVSA / DfT and as usual persuade them they will deal with it as a Voluntary Recall contacting Keepers they have details from on their system.

As usual that might or might not happen soon or later and as usual if Keepers / Drivers fail to hear the DVSA will just not bother.

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

Mine is in recall too. 

my dealership said they ordered a new one and will let me know when it arrives. They said it will be plastic 

Edited by Anth1s
  • Like 1

I kinda liked the fluffy engine cover. Oh well, it's not hard to take it off until they receive replacement parts. My dealer told me they will receive them in June so with the current estimates that probably means October. 😂

3 hours ago, zetzet said:

I kinda liked the fluffy engine cover. Oh well, it's not hard to take it off until they receive replacement parts. My dealer told me they will receive them in June so with the current estimates that probably means October. 😂

Just checked my mailbox and apparently they did send me a letter about it a coupe days ago, but forum news were faster than the letter. 

Thanks for the information.

I Just checked my Reg on the Gov.recall link above and it says there is a recall on my vehicle ,didn't see anything on the Skoda link..

I purchased via a broker and don't have a nominated dealership.

Is anybody likely to contact me about this?

Should I register with a local dealer to get this and any future recalls?

Thanks

Had my car in the dealership with a kessy issue. Result: kessy isn't fixed, engine cover is removed. 

They also told me that a new cover isn't available to order yet. As well as the door handles. Just perfect!

I had the same notification in my car this weekend. Says I should check the cover before I drive it and take it to a dealer if it feels loose so they can remove it. 

VW group ownership is a bit rubbish these days. My A4 had a recall that I had to wait 6 months for a fix. It was bad enough that they said I can drive it but couldn't park it in a garage, underground or multistory car park. Luckily it was during lockdown when I didn't travel much. 

20 minutes ago, liveseytowers said:

VW group ownership is a bit rubbish these days.

Well this particular problem requires them to manufacture a new cover for every single car that has already been made and the new ones they are making right now. I don't know if you noticed this, but manufacturing has been struggling really hard in the past few years.

And it's not just cars, I work in the automation field and parts for manufacturing are extremely pinched too. Even simple things like motors take months to arrive. PLC's and other modules are simply not available or you have to wait for a year.

Edited by zetzet
  • Like 1

Yeah I had notification via infotainment. Bit annoying that they're removing it before replacement is available. Am I right in thinking it's nothing accept aesthetically pleasing

55 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

Yeah I had notification via infotainment. Bit annoying that they're removing it before replacement is available. Am I right in thinking it's nothing accept aesthetically pleasing

I think the cover also helps efficiency during winter, let's the engine get up to temp quicker. 

They have to remove it if it can catch on fire..?

It's not just that the cover can get loose over time. Even if it's not loose, it can start melting.

This one (not mine) was still firmly attached to the motor and when the owner took it of, it was already melted a bit on the back side near the turbo.

image.thumb.png.1e19904872c41bcfbd6aeab3e0543d82.png

• Like 3
  • Crying 1