What is 'Engine Cover Security' on a Multi-Point Inspection Report?

hanf

I noticed that on the Multi-Point Inspection Report for my Kodiaq, there is a line for ‘Engine Cover Security’ that has a X next to it (suggesting it ‘needs repair’).

Does anyone know what 'Engine Cover Security' means?  Perhaps the Kodiaq just doesn't have one and that's ok?   I wanted to check in case it's (yet another) thing I need to take up with my dealer.

I’m far from an expert but can’t see anything untoward under the bonnet?

It also notes ‘Condition of Brake Drums’ and ‘Condition of Brake Linings’ (Pads and Discs are marked as fine) but I guess these are something that can be checked at the next service?

Thank you

20220331_142251.jpg

20220331_142255.jpg

There is apparently an issue with the engine cover on 2.0 TSI engines where the cover can become detached and slip down the back of the engine onto hot components.

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenny R said:

There is apparently an issue with the engine cover on 2.0 TSI engines where the cover can become detached and slip down the back of the engine onto hot components.

Wow thank you so much. That's so helpful. It appears that all the questions I asked about recalls etc were completely pointless and I should literally get all my information from this fantastic forum!

Thank you. Off to investigate further. 

So helpful

8 hours ago, skomaz said:

If its a 1.4 it doesn't have an engine cover so the cross will mean not checked as not present

And the same goes for the brakes - your car doesn't have brake drums and linings, just pads and discs.

• Like 1

It is a mystery why on a computerised inspection report they use an X and not something like R to show a recall item that is not showing as done.

The customer doesn’t understand, and the service desk staff then have no clue about what is actually wrong and that you are entitled to have it fixed free.

9 hours ago, skomaz said:

If its a 1.4 it doesn't have an engine cover so the cross will mean not checked as not present

Thank you so much for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Teir said:

And the same goes for the brakes - your car doesn't have brake drums and linings, just pads and discs.

Thank you very much for clarifying 

7 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

It is a mystery why on a computerised inspection report they use an X and not something like R to show a recall item that is not showing as done.

The customer doesn’t understand, and the service desk staff then have no clue about what is actually wrong and that you are entitled to have it fixed free.

Yes. 

The key on the form clearly says X = needs repair.

Other things (that don't apply) have been left blank so this is why I was confused.

It's a shame I'm having to get all my info from here rather than the cowboy dealers!

Thanks so much all.