Mechatronic leaking?

Hi everyone. 

This weekend i got my car to a local mechanic to change my oil and filter. Usually i jack it up at a friend but this time they put it on a proper platform, so got to have a look at the wellbeing of everything under it.

Well, what i believe is the mechatronic unit is leaking. It's a 7 speed dry clutch and it had the mechatronic changed before i bought it last year.

Oil seems thin and clear, doesn't smell like anything, and i don't see any spots on the driveway either. 

Can there be an easy solution to this? Thinking to tighten the torx bolts, but i don't know how much oil it lost so far.

There are no fault codes, however, it does have a "metal slap" sound when the transmission seems to engage. Mostly when not slowing down to a full stop then accelerating again

20220402_133450.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Athrx said:

Hi everyone. 

This weekend i got my car to a local mechanic to change my oil and filter. Usually i jack it up at a friend but this time they put it on a proper platform, so got to have a look at the wellbeing of everything under it.

Well, what i believe is the mechatronic unit is leaking. It's a 7 speed dry clutch and it had the mechatronic changed before i bought it last year.

Oil seems thin and clear, doesn't smell like anything, and i don't see any spots on the driveway either. 

Can there be an easy solution to this? Thinking to tighten the torx bolts, but i don't know how much oil it lost so far.

There are no fault codes, however, it does have a "metal slap" sound when the transmission seems to engage. Mostly when not slowing down to a full stop then accelerating again

20220402_133450.jpg

The seal on you on your oil pan sump for the mech has gone(0AM325219C) or has not been changed or even incorrectly fitted. Not the expensive to replace, about £60 and you'll need to top of the mech with G 004 000 hydraulic fluid.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

The seal on you on your oil pan sump for the mech has gone(0AM325219C) or has not been changed or even incorrectly fitted. Not the expensive to replace, about £60 and you'll need to top of the mech with G 004 000 hydraulic fluid.

Much appreciated for the part numbers!

Any idea how much a mechanic shop should ask for this job, assuming i'm getting all the parts in?

I'm not that confident in working on a part that can go wrong in such an expensive way if not done right, and i also depend on the car daily for work

24 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Athrx  Not that it makes any difference now as you need to sort that but did the car ever get Service Campaign '34H5' carried out after it was called in 2017?

That was a software update on some DQ200's from 2013-2015.

Sometimes shows here if outstanding.  http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

Nothing shows up there, but there's a sticker in the boot with that code, and the car slows down to a stop in 2'nd gear so i believe it's been done. By all means, the car behaves normally, just feel like it's on borrowed time if that is an active leak / not just overflowing from breather hole

• Thanks 1

Bit of an update: dragged a napkin blindly underneath to catch any drop, it's definetly yellow/golden, not too different from engine oil. As far as i know mechatronic oil should be green and transmission oil red?

27 minutes ago, roottoot said:

The sticker in the boot is the indication that it was done.

The DSG should be in 2nd as you slow right down to stop, but does it get to 1st when you are stopped?

Yep, starts back in 1'st, don't even feel the change to 2'nd unless i'm bottoming out the throttle and the turbo starts doing it's job from 2'nd onwards.

From the screenshots you sent, it appears i'm leaking yellow transmission fluid. Great..

• Like 1

Just for the sake of clarity, hydraulic oil is much of a muchness, I'm not suggesting deviating from spec. but worrying about what colour dye has been added to the oil is a red herring.

As you can see, your DSG has had the recall work done and the oil is now golden instead of green, this isn't important, the dye is added during manufacture to help spot leaks and pinpoint their origin.

4 hours ago, Athrx said:

Much appreciated for the part numbers!

Any idea how much a mechanic shop should ask for this job, assuming i'm getting all the parts in?

I'm not that confident in working on a part that can go wrong in such an expensive way if not done right, and i also depend on the car daily for work

Shouldn’t take any garage more than an hour or so mate when the cars off the deck, shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Then it’s just a case of filling it back up with a litre of said hydraulic oil.

Most likely whoever done your mech work thought the sump  gasket/seal was fine to use again, The mech needs the hydraulic oil to for the accumulator to work so over time you should see problem worsen if not fixed.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone reading this has a pre 2013 DQ200.

The Service Campaign '34H5' done on some DQ200's from 2013-2015 starting in 2017 was just a software update & no oil change on the DSG's built after the Service campaign / World Wide Recall on ones built from 2009-2012. Rest of the World started in 2012, in Europe / UK not until 2014.

That was '34F7' which changed the Synthetic oil for mineral and also a software update. 

19 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Just for the sake of clarity, hydraulic oil is much of a muchness, I'm not suggesting deviating from spec. but worrying about what colour dye has been added to the oil is a red herring.

As you can see, your DSG has had the recall work done and the oil is now golden instead of green, this isn't important, the dye is added during manufacture to help spot leaks and pinpoint their origin.

Well, the colour suggests it's gearbox oil, the screenshots posted somewhere above show yellow for gearbox and green for mechatronic. So far i think i'll give it a driveway top up and a look under. A mate has the right pump and hose for the bottom plug. Just need to find the right oil part number now..

38 minutes ago, Athrx said:

Well, the colour suggests it's gearbox oil, the screenshots posted somewhere above show yellow for gearbox and green for mechatronic. So far i think i'll give it a driveway top up and a look under. A mate has the right pump and hose for the bottom plug. Just need to find the right oil part number now..

G 004 000  as I said above 👍

2 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

G 004 000  as I said above 👍

But that's mechatronic / power steering fluid. I was asking about the gearbox oil that the mechatronic attaches to.

I think i found it

SmartSelect_20220405-165217_Gallery.jpg