Dieselgate

freedie

I have heard from my lawyers with a pay out figure due within 8 weeks.
One is not permitted to say how much is being paid; but the BBC tells us that VW group are paying out £193 million to 90,000 claimants. Deduct costs (at no more than 30%) and the calculation is done!

To say I'm amazed is an understatement...

5 minutes ago, freedie said:

I have heard from my lawyers with a pay out figure due within 8 weeks.
One is not permitted to say how much is being paid; but the BBC tells us that VW group are paying out £193 million to 90,000 claimants. Deduct costs (at no more than 30%) and the calculation is done!

To say I'm amazed is an understatement...

Just read the news👍

Wish I'd submitted a claim now, given the number of EA189 powered cars I'd owned !!

2 hours ago, freedie said:

I have heard from my lawyers with a pay out figure due within 8 weeks
One is not permitted to say how much is being paid .......

Why are you not able to say how much you will get. Are the lawyers embarrassed by the amount that they are racking off?

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2022/05/25/volkswagen-group-agrees-193m-settlement-for-dieselgate-claimants

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-61581251

These are the links the same as the 2 articles in the thread in the General Automotive chat section.

There is a thread in the Rapid section and probably in the Octavia, Superb, Roomster & Fabia sections soon.

Edited by roottoot

12 hours ago, Liger1956 said:

Why are you not able to say how much you will get. Are the lawyers embarrassed by the amount that they are racking off?

Probably! But I did enter the agreement with my eyes open and would not have ventured a case against VW Group on my own...

I will provide the legal explanation after I have received and laundered my ill-gotten windfall.