EA189 Dieselgate payout

I am hearing that VW are paying out each claim £2100 that includes our 1.6TDi -

BREAKING (5.30pm, Wednesday 25 May 2022): England & Wales Volkswagen Group claim settled out of court

The original England & Wales claim against Volkswagen Group (VW), involving some vehicles fitted with the EA189 engine, has today been settled out of court and will now NOT be going ahead to a full trial.

According to the law firms leading the claim, VW will make a payment of £193m to the 91,000 claimants (with a separate contribution being made by VW towards the claimants' legal costs and other fees).

We're looking into the details of the settlement and what it means for consumers, and will update this guide when we know more.

Edited by sparky2
update

On 25/05/2022 at 18:08, sparky2 said:

I am hearing that VW are paying out each claim £2100 that includes our 1.6TDi -

BREAKING (5.30pm, Wednesday 25 May 2022): England & Wales Volkswagen Group claim settled out of court

The original England & Wales claim against Volkswagen Group (VW), involving some vehicles fitted with the EA189 engine, has today been settled out of court and will now NOT be going ahead to a full trial.

According to the law firms leading the claim, VW will make a payment of £193m to the 91,000 claimants (with a separate contribution being made by VW towards the claimants' legal costs and other fees).

We're looking into the details of the settlement and what it means for consumers, and will update this guide when we know more.

You won't see anything like that amount, the payment to you will be much less. 

• Confused 1

On 25/05/2022 at 19:23, sparky2 said:

The wife has via some solicitors

Would love to know the basis of her claim.

Just like Randy Andy and Whacko Jacko etc,  it's yet another case of the accused paying off folk to keep them quiet. There are some markets where I can see the owners bringing a case against VW but here in the UK? As I asked Sparky2, would love to know what grounds is the claimant using.  I strongly believe those UK ambulance chasing lawyers knew they didn't have a hope in hell of winning if it went to court but were banking on an out-of-court settlement.

I don't know a single person ( including myself ) here in the UK, who purchased diesel based on it's environmental credentials. If it was then it was because of it's lower Co2 emissions i.e. lower VED.

They're saying their cars produced more emissions than was stated to the court so it follows that they must have been underpaying VED.  Wonder how many claimants will volunteer to repay the taxpayer the monies they should have out of their ill earned gains? ( none will be the answer to that ).

• Love it! 1

Shes been offered £1700 off the solicitors that are doing the joint claim, I think it only goes to the original purchaser of the car which is us as we still have the car. Its paid out of court as VW were at fault for fitting a cheat device, it looks like other manufacturers are also facing claims going off adverts from solicitors on facebook,