Mk4 colour edition wheel caps

So the Mrs picked up her lovely new colour edition mk4 this morning, but hates those plastic aero trims on the wheels. I've found the caps for the nuts on skoda-parts.com , but am struggling to find the centre caps. does anyone know what size i need? they are the 16" proxima wheels

DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0373.JPG

The German brochure has the wheel bolt caps (in large variety of colours, with their part numbers) on page 19, but doesn’t appear to be any centre caps as they seem to come with the 7 types of 16 inch wheel listed

https://www.skoda-auto.de/_doc/78b7ef1e-b059-4fc4-9e95-ff2674721da3

Best measure the wheels centre hole.  But be aware that even then you need only only the right size but ok need that hold in properly. A push fit is not enough. If you have ones that need something to glue them there then it needs to be removable eventually.  Heated and pushed from behind. 

The clip in one's will work, as the centre bit of the aero trim has the clips in it. I think it's 60mm but just wanted to be sure

Hi,Just enquired about same center caps.My local dealer told me the caps are in stock and cost £10.25 each plus vat and are in stock.All he needed to know was the size of the wheels ,eg 15/16/17 inch, hope this helps Cheers Andy

Cheers @Drewmacthough I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to us as I phoned him today and said "she loves the car, but hates the wheels, what can you do?" we may be able to pay a little more and get oem 17's, but they may just say sod off! 

Hub cap 5E0601151 FOD

7 5E0601151 Hub cap   4 PR-1NL -
  5E0601151 FOD black/chrome       -

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/skoda/CZ/OCT/585/6/601/601060

According to skoda-parts.com the inner diameter is 50mm and the outer diameter is 55mm. However, other sellers claim the inner diameter is 52mm and the outer diameter is 56mm. Search for them by using the 5E0601151 OEM part number or sometimes the full 5E0601151FOD OEM part number. FOD is the colour code, which is black/chrome.

51e7896ca2c93.jpg

51e7896d93f43.jpg

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/5e0601151fod-wheel-hub-centre-cap-with-a-skoda-logo-19744.html

Edited by Carlston

18 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Drewmac was this someone on the parts desk that asked if the wheels were 15/16/17 " , 

& was this at Ingrams?

10 minutes ago, Drewmac said:

Hi,Yes it wasCheers Andy

At least you got somewhere with the fella at the parts desk. I had a mild falling out with him when I tried to get door card clips and later some headrest guide tubes.

Hi Drewmac, can I check if the Skoda Fabia colour edition comes with auto headlights? I can seem to find this anywhere in the spec. Tainan 

Hi,Mine does.Take a look at  your headlight switch it should say AUTO on it,set it to auto and it should come on when the light fades they should  come on.You really have to look at specs to find it. Hope this helps.Cheers Andy

On 25/06/2022 at 11:15, Drewmac said:

Hi,Not as yet,still trying to work how to get covers off without damaging the wheel.But will keep up post as i go.Cheers Andy

Use the wire loop thing in the spare wheel kit, hook it under the plastic as close as you can to the centre, and pull hard, the middle will pop out of it's clips, and you can work outwards from the centre.

As for the centre caps, I bought myself some new wheels for my octy last week, so the Mrs said it was only fair that she got some too. Ordered her 17" procyons from TPS at £149 per wheel, £40 cheaper than Skoda :)

Hi,Managed to get the aero caps off,and sods law i got a punctore today.Now i know how they come off i might not bother with center caps and bolt covers.Will be able to keep wheels clean a lot easier as well,Cheers Andy😀

2 minutes ago, Drewmac said:

Hi,Managed to get the aero caps off,and sods law i got a punctore today.Now i know how they come off i might not bother with center caps and bolt covers.Will be able to keep wheels clean a lot easier as well,Cheers Andy😀

Yeah but they look like clown car wheels with the aero trims on! 

• 5 months later...

Hi 

I've have taken off the terrible looking areo caps off today and fitted wheel bot covers and the middle Skoda cap, however I noticed that the alloys have a inner rim which seems to collect water when washing the wheels, just wondering if anyone has had the same issue? If it's just a case of drying it out when I wash the car then fine, but wondered if this could cause any other issues ? 
Also on taking off the areo caps I noticed that it's left a few marks where the caps used to be (clipped in). Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and where there is any way of getting the marks off? 

Edited by DR79

Dunno mate, once the aero covers came off she hated the wheels even more, so I got her some 17's and now she's much happier! 

Edited by mczakk
Typo