No Software Update

tonypr

@tonyprWhat was the actual job of the person you spoke with.  Service Desk / receptionist, Service Manager, Workshop manager, Master Tech?

Email them asking a confirmation in writing that there is none for your actual Registration / VIN. 

Do the same with Skoda UK Customer Services. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/498977-ota-updates

368071363_Screenshot2022-03-2511_55_58.jpg.edf9de7f74f6008ca469ca99fb9091d8.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

@tonypr

Maybe worth a call to the Dealer Principal and ask them if they can maybe make an effort to find out about Software updates.

They must have time on their hands as they are not exactly run off their feet selling new Skodas.  

Maybe they want to buck up their ideas & staff training.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/505905-skoda-dealers-last-in-driver-power-2022

Screenshot 2022-07-29 12.02.40.jpg

• Like 1

Here's another example of brilliant Skoda dealer service.

Guy takes his car to main dealer, and get's told there are no updates for his gearbox, so basically "live with it"

I beg to differ, and 5x updates in a single year 🤔

I didn't do this work, but was ask to verify if there was indeed any software update(s)

689466534_DSGFlash.thumb.png.be5cd4098853dd026084abda4ea3b54c.png

Edited by varooom
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, I look forward to being contacted 😬

It says all future updates can be done remotely, no need to visit dealer. Presumably that is one less thing to be done on a service then ?

Edited by classic

Of course, this will come as 'total shock' to dealers, who have been telling me and many others 'there are no updates for your car and we know nothing of the ME3 software'.

Great to see official statement that it includes rear camera update and quieter turn signals, as well as better battery management.

Edited by Cotswold

Details of software update

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/enyaq-iv-getting-a-software-upgrade/

How will ME3 updating take place in practice?

Local ŠKODA Partners will contact the relevant owners of an ENYAQ iV and ask them to arrange a service appointment at the workshop.

Mine is now booked for September 16. I was at the service center for another issue, and asked about the update. Apparently my notice was sent out today, so they booked me in on the first available slot. 

Here in Sweden the notices are sent out in age order (oldest cars first), don’t know if it’s the same in the UK. 

Edited by Malakim

• 2 months later...

All done and it isn’t an improvement.

State of charge percentage on the display is the only noticeable better thing.

New 12 volt battery fitted and presumably there are mods to battery management but overall I’m underwhelmed.

4 hours ago, classic said:

All done and it isn’t an improvement.

State of charge percentage on the display is the only noticeable better thing.

New 12 volt battery fitted and presumably there are mods to battery management but overall I’m underwhelmed.

There were two things I'm really wanting out of the update (due for me next week):

Reversing Camera too dim at night (cars with standard rear light option).

Charge scheduler does not work properly at the moment.

So say, both are fixed now.

6 hours ago, Cotswold said:

There were two things I'm really wanting out of the update (due for me next week):

Reversing Camera too dim at night (cars with standard rear light option).

Charge scheduler does not work properly at the moment.

So say, both are fixed now.

I haven’t got a reversing camera so can’t answer that point. I’m told the charge scheduler does work as advertised but I haven’t used it, and don’t have any locations set or ever touch it. I managed to get my Pod Point schedule to happily charge when I want by not having any settings on the car schedule and I’m sticking with the “ain’t broke so don’t fix it” theory.