Rear wheel alignment

A2C6F0B9-939E-4185-87A1-819FCD013CB5.thumb.jpeg.fe68b887f191ae5f0f92b9cbb8b76f00.jpegAny one know what’s causing the rear wheels to go out of alignment? 
its the 4x4 model. 
the photo with the tyre thats got no tread on the inside is off the right hand side while the other tyre with a little bit of tread left is of the left hand F46035E1-FD6C-4DA9-816D-1566F015D61C.thumb.jpeg.9e64c83fecab45dd12a6da982b4d51ef.jpeg

If I'm reading the text correctly, it also looks as if the LHR tyre has been run underinflated at some point. I'd suggest new rear tyres, check pressures, and then perform a proper Hunter alignment, including replacing any suggested components.

As far as im aware both tyres are at the correct pressure and got no sagging at all on both sides. 
Both springs seem ok though. 

5 hours ago, Stuart-h said:

no. i swapp them round from time to time.

So could they have been on the front and the tracking been out? 

Once tyres start to wear excessively it's possible for them can carry on wearing in the same attitude even after the misalignment has been corrected or the tyres have been changed to a different axel.

On 20/10/2022 at 11:35, chimaera said:

What condition are the springs and dampers in? Sagging rear is a likely culprit here.

I'd second this.

The Superb is a heavy beast and if you carry loads etc the springs do suffer. I had a similar issue wearing tyres on the inside somewhat - especially after a long trip through France fully laden with luggage / big people. Even on it's return it still wore on the inside a little. Eventually it failed it's MOT on a snapped spring(separate issue)  and after replacement of both sides I was quite surprised how much higher the rear end looked - although looking at an earlier photo it was just back to the height when nearly new. Tyre wear now back to normal. The Superb II has independent rear suspension which introduces negative camber as each side of the rear compresses - if sagged all the time that camber will wear the tyres on the inside. 

I'd follow the advice to check heights as posted above by chimaera

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 22:04, bigjohn said:

I'd second this.

The Superb is a heavy beast and if you carry loads etc the springs do suffer. I had a similar issue wearing tyres on the inside somewhat - especially after a long trip through France fully laden with luggage / big people. Even on it's return it still wore on the inside a little. Eventually it failed it's MOT on a snapped spring(separate issue)  and after replacement of both sides I was quite surprised how much higher the rear end looked - although looking at an earlier photo it was just back to the height when nearly new. Tyre wear now back to normal. The Superb II has independent rear suspension which introduces negative camber as each side of the rear compresses - if sagged all the time that camber will wear the tyres on the inside. 

I'd follow the advice to check heights as posted above by chimaera

To be honest i dont carry very stuff in the back of the car. just a few light weight lamps for work.

2 hours ago, Stuart-h said:

To be honest i dont carry very stuff in the back of the car. just a few light weight lamps for work.

What I'm trying to say is the mkII does seem to sag over time - made worse with weight. I noticed another today that looked a bit low. It's worth at least checking re height.

Recently checked my tyres and the inside edge has worn worn on my Crossclimates but they were on the car before the spring repair. I'm about to replace them soon - can't complain really as they have done 36k miles.

Edited by bigjohn