Skoda vrs 2019 petrol dsg black smoke on heavy acceleration

Hello

In the morning when I drive around I can see a white smoke, and it smells like a boiling water also it leaves like a foggy rear window. 

After driving around some more the water I'm guessing evaporates and it's okay. 

But on a heavy acceleration it realises quiet bad black smoke which I can see in the rea window. It happens every time when I heavy accelerate on overtake etc.

I've changed the air filter it didn't help. Anyone had this issue and managed to fix it ? 

First consider the car has a GPF.   That might be something or nothing to do with it. 

?

How many miles has the car done and have you had it from new?

?

How do you use it as in how far does it go with cold start trips, in town or out of.

If you are running using E10 95 ron petrol maybe try a tank or 3 of E5 97 or 99 ron.  

As long as the car is running OK and just condensation and then running rich and blowing out some soot give the car a bit of an Italian Tune up/ Spirited drive once the oil is heated up to operating temp.

Maybe regularly. 

This might be useful in the future.

But that could depend on how the car is used.

1388370264_image(1).webp.193a1e0150b8a5acef2bd2909425beb2.webp

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

With a working DPF for diesel's and GPF on petrol you shouldn't see black smoke.

If it's broken/collapsed in some way, the soot of course can escape.

Not saying that's what is wrong, but could be.  You may need to look at fault codes/live data to check out things.

• Like 1

Plenty of threads on here about white smoke fogging the rear window, which is perfectly normal (my 220 vRS was especially good at it on WOT), e.g.:

Black smoke from a petrol is another matter though and needs investigating in my opinion.  Agree with toot and varooom.

Gaz

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for that

I recently bought the csr from a dealer it has 34842 miles. I've tried driving it around but it don't help. So my best option would be to call the dealer for them to look at it. 

• Like 2

Best do that.

A qualified tech had best look it over, plug it in, check what shows, road test and report. 

Before that maybe have a look at the Air Filter just to see how that is.

Not related, but has the VAQ Diff been serviced correctly at 3 years / 30,000 miles?   Needs doing.  Not optional, it is to Manufacturers Recommendations, Guidelines, Schedul or whatever. 

To keep a Warranty Valid. 

922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736.jpg