Engine Cover Recall - TSI

Anyone had a replacement yet? Maybe the cover does not do much, but the uncovered engine looks a mess. It cannot be a big job to re-design the cover clear of the hot parts. It seems like Skoda are being lazy and hope their customers are not bothered if their engine compartment looks unfinished. This is not good enough. Unless someone can confirm that replacements are on the way, I will contact Skoda UK for their comment.

I was under the impression that Skoda were not replacing them, my car didn't have one when it arrived last Monday. The dealer informed me that the cars didn't haved them now and putting my VIN in the Skoda recall actions site returns no recalls. 

This might just be for new Octavia owners though.

I have looksed on the EU saftey gate site it seems like only cars manufactured between 01.08.2020 - 28.02.2022 are subject to recall.  My guess is they decided it was more "cost effective" to just remove the cover for later cars which is why my car didn't come with one 🙂

https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate-alerts/screen/webReport/alertDetail/10005912

• Like 1

Just took delivery of my vRS 2.0 TSi (Oct 22 build according to my dealer) and it has the latter style cover on it.

According to them, Kodiaks are still being delivered without the cover.

• Like 1

Do any other VAG group (VW, Audi, SEAT, etc.) vehicles or other Skoda models fitted with the same engine have the engine cover on the 2.0TSI? Usually the engine cover is the same basic part with just different badges.

If so, what's the 'special circumstance' which makes it unsuitable for fitting to the Octavia 4?

The issue was / is the security of the attachment, the sister brands and models with the same engines are part of the Safety Critical Recall. 

Biggest car manufacturer in the world until caught cheating and can not organise a pi55 up in a brewery, or a recall of parts and timely design & manufacturing of replacements because they are not being pushed to. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1
  • Groan 1

VAG could go the way of General Motors - too large and cumbersome to manage with empire-building executives running each brand/division; over-lapping models in terms of pricing and intended purpose serving the same sector of the market.

So far, they've kept the products separate and distinctive but this could go away soon with the electrified models tending to look similar and worse, have similar driving characteristics.

On 02/02/2023 at 08:49, Hairy_Joe said:

Mine has no cover from build in Aug 22. I hate the lack of a cover and if Skoda won't supply, I'm tempted to buy one

I hate not having the cover too. Was looking at 3rd party one

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/VW_Audi_Cupra_Skoda_EA888_Gen_4_Carbon_Fibre_Engine_Cover--product--2146.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA_vKeBhAdEiwAFb_nraJ_eS8Zg7-3UysP1_86Hn_f4WThhnQc-5X-7Uaw0dKK2KWooz7WdxoCKuMQAvD_BwE

On 03/02/2023 at 12:32, Wadd3r5 said:

20% duty makes that VERY expensive....

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2022 2.0 TSI VRS.  From info on last posts decided to input my VIN on Skoda website and it now informs me of a Recall Campaign for my vehicle , wasn't there back in September time. Car had Engine Cover removed on PDI before delivery August 2022. Car was serviced September 2023 and dealer said there was no Engine Cover recall. Informed them of Campaign H6 i think it was but nothing on their records. Maybe i was too early as December is first date in above posts. See if i get notified or might ring and see if they will do it as only couple of minutes , if in stock of course, phone call might get one ordered ? I presume the Recall Campaign is for this ???