Oil change on 4wheel drive system

Bvfjohnson

Haldex oil change and pump filter change/ clean depending on which version of Haldex you have is scheduled at every 3 years, but ideally should be done sooner as filter chokes up and causes damage to pump/ motor. The pump filter mesh was choked similar to the picture at 3rd service 7k miles on my previous Kodiaq and the pump/ motor failed shortly after, but luckily was covered by warranty.

Attached chart shows time/mileage service item required.

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_2082.webp

Edited by Kenny R
  • Kiss 1

For the Gen 4 we say every 40K inc the filter which VAG deny exists but you can buy them from Land Rover dealers. For the Gen 5 we say 20k and we have seen them as bad as the picture above at 20K from new.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2023 at 12:45, Kenny R said:

Haldex oil change and pump filter change/ clean depending on which version of Haldex you have is scheduled at every 3 years, but ideally should be done sooner as filter chokes up and causes damage to pump/ motor. The pump filter mesh was choked similar to the picture at 3rd service 7k miles on my previous Kodiaq and the pump/ motor failed shortly after, but luckily was covered by warranty.

Attached chart shows time/mileage service item required.

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_2082.webp

The answer I was looking for. Main dealer in Yeovil advised that ŠKODA had changed the dates for replacing oil and filter for Haldex to 2 years ( not where true 4 wheel drive with limited slip diffs etc were fitted). Excellent service while I waited with coffee and pastries.

Thanks for help 

• Confused 1

On 18/07/2023 at 17:24, Bvfjohnson said:

Main dealer in Yeovil advised that ŠKODA had changed the dates for replacing oil and filter for Haldex to 2 years

You are lucky to have a dealer where they know there is a filter fitted.

@Bvfjohnson  I think someone is making an error.

The VAQ diff as fitted to FWD Octavia vRS is now @ 2 years / 20,000 miles. 

(I would be asking the person 'Which Skoda had true 4 wheel drive and with limited slip diffs other than Skoda Rally car?)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/509911-vrs-owners-cars-with-a-vaq-front-diff-a-question-on-the-servicing-and-what-you-are-being-told-at-skoda-main-dealerships

That is not Haldex.

Maybe the dealership or the person you spoke with can show where the Haldex Service as Skoda / VW Show it is not @ 3 years / 30,000 miles.

Or someone will have that from erWin.

Nothing wrong with doing it at 2 years / 20,000 miles, quite sensible, but seeing that advice / recommendation, guideline or schedule in writing from Skoda / VW would be nice.

If Skoda CZ / UK has changed advice then surely that should now be what is known in workshops with all Master Techs, Techs & fitters and not just at the Dealer in Yeovil & with the likes of @Crasheror others that give a damn.

http://www.jcr-leeds.com/haldex-servicing-gen5

http://haldexrepairs.co.uk/what-generation-of-haldex-is-on-my-car

1179912860_922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736(1).jpg.606196879c2532f67305f1ec411800c6 (1).jpg

Edited by toot