Splutter is doing my head in!

Hi there folks just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my cars spluttering problem. The car in question is a 05 octy vRS and around 1500 to 2000 rpm the car splutters this is more noticeable in 3rd on a slight incline. The car did it when standard when i bought it 3 weeks ago and still does it after fitting K&N panel filter and a forge 007 dump valve.... :confused:

I think this is the same issue that has been brought up a lot.

Between 1500 and 2000, on mine at least, there's normally an 'untidy' moment which could be described as a splutter. I think its pretty much standard....

Aggghhhhh its so annoying tho.

would a remap help or changing the n75 valve (if that's the rite name for it?) help. I'm just clutching at straws here. Was thinking of ringing Skoda themselves & seeing if they can shed some light.

Got on to Skoda yesterday the only thing they came bac with is try using super unleaded or i guess an octane boost adative wud do the same. Just put my induction kit on so i will hav to see if thats made any changes, sounds great tho.:)

Guys, i have the same problem and my octy is Remapped, Air Induction kit and a Bailey DV30. i thought mine had really broken a couple of hours ago, but once it's warm, no problem... Someone explained it's the cold start, too much fuel onto the spark plugs, not something you can really fix.

Well had a break down last week AA out 2 look at it and i had a knacked coil pack on cly 1 took it 2 dealer got all 4 replaced its now running even worse. So this cumin fri its going bac in and a tech is gonna have the diagnostic plugged in while i drive it about 2 c if anything not rite. Technicians my good god is there no mechanics about these days :thumbdwn:. Well i shall hav 2 wait & c wot the out *** is.:(

how many miles has it done.

Just a shot in the dark but at the front of the engine/intake manifold there is black perforated panel which is held on with 2 or 3 half turn screws. Under that there is a metal panel. In between the metal panel and the intake manifold you will see two 15mm pipes attached to the bottom of the manifold that run under the metal plate. Check these pipes for oil leaks or misting lower down.

Des,

I just noticed your post, I have recently started to notice that my car is a bit lumpy between 2-3K and that I have a slight oil leak around the dipstick area, seems to be coming from under the metal panel you mentioned, do you know what this is, teried a few times to identify where it is coming from to no avail is this a common problem?

Dave

Des' date='

I just noticed your post, I have recently started to notice that my car is a bit lumpy between 2-3K and that I have a slight oil leak around the dipstick area, seems to be coming from under the metal panel you mentioned, do you know what this is, teried a few times to identify where it is coming from to no avail is this a common problem?

Dave[/quote']

Right, the two pipes I've mentioned have a large Rubber band round them, under this band or very close you find one of the 2 pipes is split and is leaking air and oil from the intake manifold, that's your problem. Once you have taken the offending pipe off, cut it open. You will notice the pipe has corroded from the inside out. Could also be the valve at the end of the pipe run near the block. This valve gets blocked and fails. They are all in the same area under the metal plate. tell your dealer to replace all of them if not sure as any of them leaking will be your problem.

This seems to be a common problem of late. :(

I'll sticky the thread.

Des,

...as ever the oracle of all things skoda related:thumbup: could this also cause a boost leak? because I think I have one somewhere, either that or the turbo seals are on there way out.

Des' date='

...as ever the oracle of all things skoda related:thumbup: could this also cause a boost leak? because I think I have one somewhere, either that or the turbo seals are on there way out.[/quote']

What code is it bringing up, as the above fault is on the wrong side of all the sensors AIR. Is it the the old 177** pressure drop......thingy.

I'm just gonna go outside now and take a look at these pipes. Cars only done 16k & to be honest i dont really think the dealership no wots wrong so i'm having to find out 4myself.

Nope no pipes with any splits oil leaks or any sign of corrosion. Think i'm gonna try the old brake or carb cleaner on the maf.

When mines cold it runs really bad while the pump is working to get the cat up to temp. but i'v put this down to the induction kit and it'l prob calm down a bit when the main problem of the splutter is sorted.

alright mate i had the same prob wi my octy felt hesitant on lower revs tried loads of things to cure it;coil packs checked for leaks,plugs and changed lambda but the thing that made the difference was changing the temp sender give it a try their about

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine seemes to have started doing this but I find it more of a problem when warm? Its not the smoothest after a cold start but I wouldn't expect it to be. I have just recently noticed that I will be pulling away from a roundabout (or similar) and there's a delay before the boost kicks in? I'm going to checkout a few of the points raised in this thread today and I will report back if I find a solution. 2003 vRS with 35k on the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine doing this too! Never does it in the morning only 8 hours later when I leave to drive home from work? If I rev it a few times before pulling off it is fine? I think my water temp sensor was changed under warrenty, so I can rule that out? I am currently using 95 RON fuel, could this be it?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same thing on mine. When it first starts up it will shudder till it's slightly warmer, say for the first thirty seconds or so, after that it's fine. Someone suggested that it could be thew AFM but I'm hedging my bets at the moment.