Radio cassette removal

rosshan

Hi, i bought a 05 fabia classic a couple of months ageo. I love it its a great car. However i have a little problem.

The car has the factory fit radio/cassette player, which is ok as i have an ipod and used a cassette adaptor in my old car. In the fabia the sound is terrible through the adaptor.

I thought of buying one of those kits the plugs in to the aerial of you radio, and plays the ipod though its own amp. Thing is i cant get the cassette out, i bought a pair of keys from ebay, but they diddent fit. But i read that a pair of picture hooks flattened out work. They fit but the radio still wont come out.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Ross

Pop out a couple of the blank switches (by rear window heater switch) this will give u the ability to tug it out :thumbup:

I thought of that but couldent get my finger down, i'll use something to poke down. Sure theres no more catches or anything? maybe its tight cause its newish

Guest Fabia 12v
I thought of that but couldent get my finger down, i'll use something to poke down. Say theres no more catches or anything?

you've left the keys in place when trying to tug with blank switches removed:confused:

I know its a silly question but sometimes its the ovious we miss

you've left the keys in place when trying to tug with blank switches removed:confused:

I know its a silly question but sometimes its the ovious we miss

Agreed. yes the keys where in place. I'll made something at work that i can put down the back the pull it out,.:thumbup:

I got one of them casette adaptors too. I tried it tonight and I was suprised how good the sound quality was. Annoyingly though, it kept autoreversing. :rolleyes:

the signal generators I've seen arent great. To get a good signal they have to be very very close to the aerial.

I picked up a set of keys (Kenwood / Euro) from Halfords for about £2.

Push them straight in and pull the headunit clear from the dash.

The first time it's a bit tight as there's a rubber bung at the rear that needs to be pulled free. After that it easily slides in and out. :|

The picture hooks should work (they did for me) but the radio is a fairly tight fit. I put my fingers into the cassette slot and gave it a good heave!

Well i made something that i can put through a removed button and it hooks on the back of the stereo. I put my picture hooks in the slots and pulled on my hook, but nothing moved. I called in to Halfords today but they dont stock the keys.

Although the guy said he'll remove the stereo for me for