Aero Blades, will these fit my fabia

spevie

I know this has been covered but wondered if these would fit my 2000 fabia classic.

Retro-fit Aero Blades - NEW! :: Wiper Blades :: Autobulbs Direct Ltd - Xenon bulbs, car bulbs, wiper blades, headlight, Osram, Ring, Philips

If so whats the best sizes, 20" and 18", 20 for driver ??

Cheers

Kevin

PS, local Renault dealer has not got any ???

Try this :

I have followed the aero-wiper threads with interest over the past few weeks and eventually bought and fitted some to my Furby yesterday.

Having read the threads and looked at various websites for types/sizes of wiper I decided to stick with what I know, that is Bosch, but of course wanted the flat blade aero wiper. Bosch do the standard and super wipers but they are traditional in design. Their flat blade wiper is the aero or aero-twin that can bought in, say, Halfords BUT these are only for the likes of the latest Golf/Polo/Ibiza etc that have specific ‘aero’ wiper arms (none of which I learnt will fit on a Furby).

I looked up Bosch websites and found that aftermarket aero wipers, which will fit onto traditional hook-ended wiper arms, are freely available in Europe but not UK. I rang Bosch GB and spoke to their technical department. Bosch aftermarket aero wipers were due into UK this summer but the release date has been put back to nearer Christmas, or later (?); the difference is in the sweep of the wipers with Left vs. Right hand drive vehicles, so the fitting clip has to be the right way round!

The solution seemed to be at Renault, with positive reports being given of using their flat blade wiper set for a Scenic I. These ARE Bosch Aero for a RHD sweep and as blades well recommended BUT I had issue with their size for a Fabia, the driver’s at 24” being OK but the passenger’s at 16” being short and leaving a noticeable portion of the screen unswept (compared to the standard 19” passenger’s wiper).

I spoke to a local Renault dealer who was most helpful as Renault are promoting flat blade conversions for most of their older cars. Because of the sizing issue they got a selection of their wiper sets in, and I went up to them to compare. The details of these are:

Part no; 77 11 236 179 for Scenic I – 600/400mm (24/16”)

Part no; 77 11 236 178 for Megane II – 600/450mm (24/18”)

Part no; 77 11 236 177? for Laguna – 600/500mm (24/20”)

All were priced at £35 inc VAT. I found the 20” passenger wiper just ¼” too long as it fouled the screen pillar when parked, so settled for the 18” one that gives only a slight reduction in the swept area on the passenger side.

I therefore bought the Megane II pack and believe that this gives the best result for a Fabia. Additionally, knowing the lengths and pairing of the Renault packs I have been able to order a pair for my other car and it may well be that the Megane II pack will work on an Octavia.

Finally, the Renault dealer I used is Waters in Letchworth (Herts) on 01462 673850 and ask for Michael in Parts – he was most helpful and will gladly get more wiper packs in for anyone else.

Now I just need it to rain !!!!!!

I've just replaced a set of these (which left unswept patches, and juddered) with a set of Renault Megane 2 Bosch aero blades (Part no; 77 11 236 178 for Megane II

I wrote the big post quoted by ChrisR above, don't worry it's not copywrited!!

You can now get aftermarket Bosch Aero wipers of OEM size 21"/19" here WIPERBLADES.CO.UK : The UK's Premier Online Store They may or may not be available in Halfords etc.

However, I have got the Renault Megane 24"/18" set and prefer the sweep pattern they give.