Door trim removal (interior)

Can any one tell me how to remove the door trim on the drivers door of a 1.9 elegance full leather.

I need to get at the connection block to clean the contacts lost use of central locking and door mirror on drivers door garage reckon conneection block has gone high resistance.

Thank you in advance.:orb_lava_

S555NOB

This may seem like a tough task but in reality it isn't, I will try and explain this as best as I can:

1) On the grab handle where all the switches are you need to look under the handle and you will notice that there is a split line where one trim pieces clips into the grab handle, you move this towards the inside of the door and it will just clip off;

2) This then allows you to run a flat bladed screwdriver between the leather and the plastic trim and the whole grab handle including switches will pop up, there are about 5 or 6 clipping points on this piece;

3) You will then need to unplug the trim and if this is all you need to clean then finish here, if not then carry on as below;

4) The hole that you have in the door trim now will show 2 cross head screws, remove these;

5) Look at the bottom of the door and you will notice 3 or 4 torx screws holding the trim into the door, remove these;

6) Now the only thing holding the trim to the door are various 'push fit' plastic clips, you now need to slide a flat bladed screw driver between the door and the trim and as you do this you will hear one or two clips pop free and the trim will become loose, you need to repeat this all the way around the outside of the door to loosen the trim;

7) Then all you need to do is to lift the door card upwards and this will remove the trim from the door as it will only be held in place by the rubber window lip;

8) You can then disconnect the speaker wires, lock cord, etc;

9) Fitment will be the reverse of the above.

Hope this helps mate.........