New Octavia, 24 hours to break

Picked up my new elegance spec Friday (yeah I know wrong day for it! )

Besides being hit up the rear less than 3 hours old, yesterday both rear windows failed. Called Skoda Assist (AKA the RAC) and one window was forced closed.

Yet the drivers side cable had entangled in the motor (thought I heard something rattling around). Anyway, cable snapped and smashed the window (not entirely RAC blokes fault). Passenger side seems to have gone the same way.

So back to dealer tomorrow a pretty miffed customer. Thinking about it, I did wonder why the window lock was engaged at pickup......

:eek:

nightmare, you have my sympathy.....but doesn't bad luck come in threes?

Don't, as I'm hoping the 3 have happened (smack, pass rear window fail (wire round motor), rear driverside window smash (cable pulled round motor, snap and hit window).

I bloody hope so anyway!

Pics of the damage.

Noticed prior to failure was rattle when opening closing rear drivers door (like a screw loose in the door panel), and a creaking noise as the left window was used.

On the first pic you might just make out the carrier cable floating around in the door.

Appologies for pic qual, was my camera phone which in't the best for pics.

*wonders where my new N95's is*

14448.attach

14449.attach

picked up my new spec L&K yesterday :) but this morning the rear o/s window broke(fell into the door) :mad: - had the same sort of sounds coming from the door as you reported when driving home yesterday - anyway took it back to the dealer on the way in to work and they repaired it within an hour:) - dealer said mine was the third new car they've had taken back for this problem in the last month - all ok now though car is great - will try and post some pics when i work out how to do it

picked up my new spec L&K yesterday :) but this morning the rear o/s window broke(fell into the door) :mad: - had the same sort of sounds coming from the door as you reported when driving home yesterday - anyway took it back to the dealer on the way in to work and they repaired it within an hour:) - dealer said mine was the third new car they've had taken back for this problem in the last month - all ok now though car is great - will try and post some pics when i work out how to do it

WOW, so that's 2 at my dealer and 3 at yours. I assume it was the cable round the motor like mine? Or was it simply the cable snapped/came away from the carrier?

Seems lucky your dealer had the parts. My didn't. :(

they didn't have the parts but i really can't do without the car so i suggested he took the required parts from the '56' plate L&K he had in the showroom and fit it to mine - so thats what they did

ROFLMAO! SNAP! Hmmm, so were actually on 3 known to have the fault. Come on, which of you is the other person?

Didn't see an antracite Oct 2 outside the service building with the pegasus allys on when you were in there did you? :rofl:

That'd be mine, erm, obviously :o

yes gadget i believe i did see it - nice car!

Thanks. The other dealer I used for my last car at times was Withams in Hersham. Sometimes they're cheaper if that helps (not sure how far that is from you, but equal distance from Staines)