How to add underseat storagebox - Pictures

Here's how to add an underseat storage box for the drivers seat to match that of the passengers. For Righthand drive the part codes are 1Z0 881 578 E 47H in Oynx or 1Z0 881 578 E 4K1 in Ivory. The Oynx one cost me

Edited by No Waiting
Corrected broken image links

Excellent How-to man!! Thumbs all the way up.
Thank you :)
Would you mind if I translated it in Greek and posted it at the Greek SkodaClub?
No please do - just include a link back to Briskoda.net...

nice conversion

does anybody know if this is available on the fabia?

Yes, there's one available - it's been done. Try a search in the Fabia section.

Steve

How secure is the catch on the front
As secure as the one under the passanger seat...

"Max 1.5Kg" is printed on the inside of both doors - so I guess it's not the place the hide your gold bullion :eek:

nice write up. anyone got any ideas if this would work on electric seats?
Indeed. I'm not sure it will - looking under the electric seat there are the motors and wires which I'm not sure would be able to fit around the storage box.

Well, popped into the dealers today and gave them the part code for the Onyx box. Explained what I wanted to do and after about 10 minutes of them toing and froing they told me that the system said it wasn't a UK part and couldn't sell it to me.

Hmmm. So, the question is - can I be arsed to drive over to Chesterfield (my next nearest dealer) and try again with them...

Nice one , I am going to try my local dealer for onyx part.

If they don't have the box I have to wait until I go on the continent.

A question : The rubber mats from the pictures are octavia genuine accessories,

if yes are they available now for right hand drive version (the dealer didn't have them last year)?

The storage box was a special order item, so I had to wait for it to arrived, but no trouble for the dealer to order...

And Yes the rubber mats are genuine Skoda ones - where supplied with the car (RH drive) when I had it in September...

• 2 years later...

I had my box removed when I had a fire extinguisher fitted and thought about fitting a box on the drivers side. I think a trip to the dealer is in order to place my order.

Cheers

Very nice little job but between the passenger seat box, huge glovebox, drivers side mini glove box, jumbo box storage (if you've got this), the door side pockets & the little box in the middle of the dash did you think you didnt have enough storage space in the front??!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the stowage box from my local agent and requested the two screws. He added two clips to the order which are needed to fit into the seat pan to take the two screws. Part numbers are

Torx Scocket screw KN90698606 at

Edited by hanney
Item fitted

Fitted the storage box last weekend under the drivers seat...instructions were stop-on. Must say it was a bit awkward to fit with the seat in place... hands are just getting back to normal now....front screws tricky. My advise is to make sure you have the right tools as highlighted in the instruction at the start of this thread you will need them. A bit of blue tack comes in useful to hold the T20 bit onto the screw to stop it falling off

I like this. Has anyone done this to a vRS with heated seats or know if it would fit?

No problems at all to fit with heated seats. I found it quicker to remove the seat from mountings and see what I was doing, rather than struggle with it in situ. Just needed to unplug 2 connections plus the bolts.The extra storage is really useful.